Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amb musics and Modeling?
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
Amb musics and Modeling?

Hey, for my third gamemode, What game&map is it, you have to find out what game, and map it is. I am working on my first map.
but this is not easy, not at all. Amnesia doesn't have anything I can use in this map haha, we don't have good planks for "trenches" etc.
so I am going to spend a lot of time on this.
but I got the musics, and quotes which are basically very good.
now what I want, is at the background of the map, a snow sound is played (btw, if someone knows a good sound of snowing and little winds etc, please share link)
at the background, and everytime if you enter a specific thing (this is outside, the map I am making)like the church, a background music will appear, can I make it, that the snow music is like at "100" (100 max volume of the game, actually 1) and then the background music if you enter the places, like "80" so little bit lower tone?

and about modeling, is there anyone here, using maya, that wants to help me, because i'm struggling in creating a box. yes, I can't give objects good textures. I suck at this, I suck at almost everything in Maya, I can create objects, but can't give them a texture that looks good!
There are alot of people here like:
I can create my own models, yeah.
but I: am like: my custom story is so out of amnesia, I literally need a whole new Objects.
I need a lot more then you probably think haha.
But texturing... is there someone please... If someone want to help me, Add me on skype : xlollycat
Really need help with this Sad

And last, but not least.
I created a "main menu" where you are basically on the beach, and you have 3 boards, with blood written, all 3 game modes.
what I made "around" the map, are huge sandpiles. now I want to create a sun, and from the sun, that it shines to the side it is looking at. BUT how can I fix those shaders?!
if I make the pointlight big enough to reach the world(form the sun) those shadows look ugly as fuck!!
08-07-2015, 01:34 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: Amb musics and Modeling?

You can use sounds tool in level editor to add various ambience sounds around your map.
To place a sound, click on the speaker icon located on the toolbar. Put one anywhere you like, click on it, choose a sound that you want it to play, change the min and max distance (the distance where the sound can be heard), tweak the volume, etc.

To simulate a sun effect, place a bilboard above your map, as the bilboard material select "bb_white_halo.mat". Set it wherever you want, change the color to one that you want, resize it so it actually looks like a sun. Then, place a spotlight next to your sun, change the radius to a value that covers up most of your maps, change the colour so it looks like your bilboard sun, and tick "cast shadows" if you want, so it casts some jolly shadows obviously.

Here's a very quick (and shitty) example on how the sun thing looks like if you spend at least 5 minutes on it. Behind the spotlight is hidden a bilboard if you can't notice.

Spoiler below!
[Image: FEhjKMj.png]

About your texturing question, Jesus man, you have the whole internet in front of you. All you need is google "how to make textures for models in maya". Most of people that are pro at modelling spent hours of hard work to study how to do stuff, and they didn't beg someone for help. The more you work on things, the better things you get.
08-07-2015, 03:28 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(08-07-2015, 03:28 PM)Lazzer Wrote: You can use sounds tool in level editor to add various ambience sounds around your map.
To place a sound, click on the speaker icon located on the toolbar. Put one anywhere you like, click on it, choose a sound that you want it to play, change the min and max distance (the distance where the sound can be heard), tweak the volume, etc.

To simulate a sun effect, place a bilboard above your map, as the bilboard material select "bb_white_halo.mat". Set it wherever you want, change the color to one that you want, resize it so it actually looks like a sun. Then, place a spotlight next to your sun, change the radius to a value that covers up most of your maps, change the colour so it looks like your bilboard sun, and tick "cast shadows" if you want, so it casts some jolly shadows obviously.

Here's a very quick (and shitty) example on how the sun thing looks like if you spend at least 5 minutes on it. Behind the spotlight is hidden a bilboard if you can't notice.

Spoiler below!
[Image: FEhjKMj.png]

About your texturing question, Jesus man, you have the whole internet in front of you. All you need is google "how to make textures for models in maya". Most of people that are pro at modelling spent hours of hard work to study how to do stuff, and they didn't beg someone for help. The more you work on things, the better things you get.

Okey, about one, I already know that, but can I use Playmusic on the main music, and then äctivate"other music> I'\m not a noob at level editor haha. I don't need osund things, I really need a "music" so the music will play where ever you are, so can I have 2 playmusics, and stop one of them?! etc.

About sun , I didn't need a sun.
I already have sun, planets, earth etc.
but I needed the shadow, and again, I'm not a noob I did the same thing, but what I meant, is the shadows sucks, I can tell that by mine, and your pic. it's pixel ish, Isn't there a possibality to make it look like a real shadow? how it is supposed to look like..

And about modeling, and texturen I searched on youtube, I really couldn't find anything they show me you have to use uv texture editor, I know. but somehow mine looks diffirent. I am trying to find more learnfull things, if you know a website, or where you learned it, feel free to share with me Tongue I would really appreciate it Smile
08-07-2015, 04:02 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(08-07-2015, 04:02 PM)Amnesiaplayer Wrote: Okey, about one, I already know that, but can I use Playmusic on the main music, and then äctivate"other music> I'\m not a noob at level editor haha. I don't need osund things, I really need a "music" so the music will play where ever you are, so can I have 2 playmusics, and stop one of them?! etc.

but I needed the shadow, and again, I'm not a noob I did the same thing, but what I meant, is the shadows sucks, I can tell that by mine, and your pic. it's pixel ish, Isn't there a possibality to make it look like a real shadow? how it is supposed to look like..

And about modeling, and texturen I searched on youtube, I really couldn't find anything they show me you have to use uv texture editor, I know. but somehow mine looks diffirent. I am trying to find more learnfull things, if you know a website, or where you learned it, feel free to share with me Tongue I would really appreciate it Smile

------
OnStart()
In your PlayMusic, set the abResume to be True.

CollideCallback()
Call StopMusic with an instant fade (0.01f)
Then call PlayMusic at a lower volume. Untested, but should work.
------

About your "real shadow", the only real way to do it is with perspective. That is, you copy paste your shadows and bring them closer to anything which casts shadows and use that - lining up the shadow with the sun's direction. You'll get a sharper shadow, but too many will likely cause lag to most lower end machines. Remember that shadows require a fair amount to process and HPL2 is relatively low end.
------

UV texturing is what you want. If you don't understand how to use Maya, then don't. Use Blender instead. I have no idea if the latest versions of Maya work with Amnesia, since the wiki only states that the latest supported version was 2011; however, also on the wiki, there is a tutorial which will teach you the basics of modelling by UV mapping a cube in Blender.
------

And for sound effects and music and similar things, outsource that yourself. Doing so, you can keep track of your sources and ensure you're not simply violating copyright or Intellectual Property infringement. Just make sure to follow any legal guidelines when doing so.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2015, 04:24 PM by Romulator.)
08-07-2015, 04:23 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(08-07-2015, 04:23 PM)Romulator Wrote:
(08-07-2015, 04:02 PM)Amnesiaplayer Wrote: Okey, about one, I already know that, but can I use Playmusic on the main music, and then äctivate"other music> I'\m not a noob at level editor haha. I don't need osund things, I really need a "music" so the music will play where ever you are, so can I have 2 playmusics, and stop one of them?! etc.

------
OnStart()
In your PlayMusic, set the abResume to be True.

CollideCallback()
Call StopMusic with an instant fade (0.01f)
Then call PlayMusic at a lower volume. Untested, but should work.
------

About your "real shadow", the only real way to do it is with perspective. That is, you copy paste your shadows and bring them closer to anything which casts shadows and use that - lining up the shadow with the sun's direction. You'll get a sharper shadow, but too many will likely cause lag to most lower end machines. Remember that shadows require a fair amount to process and HPL2 is relatively low end.
------

UV texturing is what you want. If you don't understand how to use Maya, then don't. Use Blender instead. I have no idea if the latest versions of Maya work with Amnesia, since the wiki only states that the latest supported version was 2011; however, also on the wiki, there is a tutorial which will teach you the basics of modelling by UV mapping a cube in Blender.
------

And for sound effects and music and similar things, outsource that yourself. Doing so, you can keep track of your sources and ensure you're not simply violating copyright or Intellectual Property infringement. Just make sure to follow any legal guidelines when doing so.

About the musics, If you buy "their" music, you will be allowed to use the music, except if you claim it as yours, so that;'s not a problem. and I added some new things nto the music, which makes it better.

about shadows, Wouldn't it be bad? iI was thinking about your idea, but you don't actually add shadows only, but at the same time, you add lights. Meaning by, more then 10 same lights at 1 to 3 spots... or is it something else?

And about the modeling, I can't use blender, I'm soo bad at that, I almost cried(jk), If I use something for the first time, I can;'t use the other things easily, even if it's similar.
Like I used maya first, then tried blender but couldn't get out of blender, then 3ds max, which was the same a blender, so Maya is my home now.
I can texture a box haha.
but lemme tell you what I need for my game, and TRIED to create but didn't work.
a Minecart.
A volcano (Mudbox)
A boat, and Island, Broken floor pieces...
Somehow, My stupidity about Aniamting isn't that high.
I can animate... I made some alien eggs move like how it is supposed to move, tentacles etc etc. I know everything, but TEXUTRING Sad I even now the maps, parallax mapping, Normal mapping/Bumb, spec etc etc.
I am a "smart" people, and I can learn everything what I want to learn, (so basically, I am better at technical things, but at school i'm not working that well..)
but texturing.. I am watching a tutorial, but I feel that it is worthless, so I skip it, because I watched everything almost 3 times, On youtube.
If there was a site where I could learn it in a week, that would be awesome, Holiday ends soon, 10 days left Sad
I am going to sniff everything from google until I finally learned the steps.
But I stil didn't explain where I'm bad in, texturing difficult things, like a High detailed pistol... etc

Really like amnesia, but I want to make something else of it, once. really want to see what my capacity is...
08-07-2015, 04:45 PM
Find