Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor Help Creating Drawer Entity
timCopwell Offline

Threads: 2
Brick  Creating Drawer Entity

While working on my project I found a need of creating a custom drawer model.

Well, since .DAE can't contain more than one object, I came to the conclusion of importing several meshes intro model editor, but couldn't understand how.

Each time new mesh was imported, it replaced previous one. I Also tried to open ready work_desk.ent model with idea of replacing model names paths to my own, but it also failed.

If someone knows how drawers can be made, please help. It would be terrible to insert each shelf separetly, especially if cabinet number inside room is 8, and each of them has 5 shelfs..Huh
08-16-2015, 12:35 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Creating Drawer Entity

.dae can hold multiple meshes in it. What are you doing that's not allowing it? I mean, look at the default drawer.

Import mesh in the Model Editor doesn't allow multiple .daes. It's only for bringing in an object to work into an entity.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2015, 01:10 AM by Statyk.)
08-16-2015, 01:09 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

You can have multiple meshes in a dae file by separating the objects. Those will act as sub meshes in HPL. You can then add separate bodies and joints to them to have them interact with each other.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2015, 01:12 AM by Mudbill.)
08-16-2015, 01:11 AM
Find
timCopwell Offline

Threads: 2

Oh, you're right! That's my bad. Excuse me, I thought they all export automatically, but it turns out that you have to select all the objects in order to export them all. I managed to create a test entity meeting my needs. Thank you for enlightenment.
08-16-2015, 01:44 AM
Find