Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom HUD'S kind of things
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
Custom HUD'S kind of things

Can I add a new "bloodsplat" kind of thing without making a Fc? so In a custom story.?
If this works, I can work further with my custom story and add some New things...
Hopefully this is possible, like if You can give it a bloosplat from script, why wouldn't it be possible if I use my own one! haha Hopefully it does work...
08-18-2015, 07:04 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Custom HUD'S kind of things

I think HUDs are only editable in mods. Not too sure though.

08-18-2015, 07:17 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

Yep, you can only do it using full conversion mods. DNalange did a tutorial about that, here
08-18-2015, 07:22 PM
Find
Nocturnal Offline

Threads: 14

well, you COULD, but you would have to make a backup of the old blood splat, and put in the new one. But you would have to put in the cs folder a read me file saying to use the new blood splat texture. and to make a backup of the old one, then put in the new one. But i recommend if you want to do that, just either, make a FCM. or just don't do it and use the old one.
08-18-2015, 09:16 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

(08-18-2015, 09:16 PM)GameEnthusiast Wrote: well, you COULD, but you would have to make a backup of the old blood splat, and put in the new one. But you would have to put in the cs folder a read me file saying to use the new blood splat texture. and to make a backup of the old one, then put in the new one. But i recommend if you want to do that, just either, make a FCM. or just don't do it and use the old one.

I would not reccomend using this method. No one likes replacing vanilla files.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2015, 09:18 PM by Slanderous.)
08-18-2015, 09:18 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

If you need to replace vanilla files to run a CS, you might as well make it an IFC. The whole point of IFCs is to modify vanilla files without replacing anything, but contrary to CSs, they are slightly harder to run for the user. That is the point of a CS; they're simple. Removing that simplicity will make the CS less user friendly and more difficult to install compared to an IFC. Effectively, it's a lose/lose situation.

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2015, 11:19 PM by Mudbill.)
08-18-2015, 11:18 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

(08-18-2015, 11:18 PM)Mugbill Wrote: If you need to replace vanilla files to run a CS, you might as well make it an IFC. The whole point of IFCs is to modify vanilla files without replacing anything, but contrary to CSs, they are slightly harder to run for the user. That is the point of a CS; they're simple. Removing that simplicity will make the CS less user friendly and more difficult to install compared to an IFC. Effectively, it's a lose/lose situation.

Also don't forget that creating an IFC can be a little tricky and messy for people that begin their adventure in the jolly world of modding. There's a very good tutorial on forum explaining how to create an IFC. If you follow all the steps carefully, you should get it to work. Then you can modify stuff without overwriting vanilla game files.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2015, 12:04 AM by Slanderous.)
08-19-2015, 12:02 AM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Thanks everyone!
but what I really tried to epxlain, is that you choose a loading screen right? so I can basically make a custom pic, and choose that as a loading screen.
why can't I just do the exact same thing with that?! pick up something, and CHOOSE the effect I want to appear if you get like.. damaged?!
no need to replace some things...

I really don't want to make a fc.
I made like more then 10 things, that Could have been BETTER&EASIER if I had a mod, so don't want to turn back to my old maps lol.
if I did make fc, I know it would look better, but I don't have the time now. Especially because I need to finish this cs a.s.a.p.
Dont really rush it now, but trying to finish it quick, since I want to create something else haha.
(It will take more then 3 months lol)
08-19-2015, 12:02 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Well, the loading screen can be changed because you have a script for it. There's no script for setting a custom image as a damage overlay for a specific monster. If that was the case, it'd probably be in the User Defined Variables within the entity, but it's not. The way splats are configured are based on the attack type the enemy uses (if I remember correctly). Although you can change the type of an enemy, you cannot add a new type without a mod. The types for the Grunt and the Brute are "Claw" and "Slash" I think.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2015, 02:14 PM by Mudbill.)
08-19-2015, 02:12 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

(08-19-2015, 02:12 PM)Mugbill Wrote: Well, the loading screen can be changed because you have a script for it. There's no script for setting a custom image as a damage overlay for a specific monster. If that was the case, it'd probably be in the User Defined Variables within the entity, but it's not. The way splats are configured are based on the attack type the enemy uses (if I remember correctly). Although you can change the type of an enemy, you cannot add a new type without a mod. The types for the Grunt and the Brute are "Claw" and "Slash" I think.

Huh? I mean, I can give player damage, with that I can choose a type right? Like bloodspat1 etc etc.
Can't I just place my pic on that, and make that happen, because it does happen with a script.
or is it that you can't use another bloodsplat since they are locked..?
08-19-2015, 03:02 PM
Find