Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Depth?"
Noisecode Offline

Threads: 1
RE: "Depth?"

Now 4 days remain.

I wonder what the Status on the film is.

Maybe the release has been pushed back because the nature of the film as a prequel might give away the story?

[Image: signature015.jpg]
09-17-2015, 12:12 PM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4

I think it's still going ahead.....maybe.

Frictional are one of the most open developers I've seen. If there were problems with depth, I hope they would have told us by now.

Silence is a good thing, is how I'm taking it Smile
09-17-2015, 12:19 PM
Find
Outrigger047 Offline

Has anyone at Frictional or the film production company actually said that "Depth" will be released as a standalone movie, or how/where it will be released and in what format? Maybe we don't really know how they are going to use it. Perhaps it is somehow integrated with the game, although I can't imagine how that would affect pacing.

Just throwing random thoughts out there. I think we're all expecting something very conventional from this, when maybe we should be expecting anything but.
09-17-2015, 12:47 PM
Find
Noisecode Offline

(09-17-2015, 12:19 PM)MrSteve Wrote: I think it's still going ahead.....maybe.

Frictional are one of the most open developers I've seen. If there were problems with depth, I hope they would have told us by now.

Silence is a good thing, is how I'm taking it Smile

I would certainly think it's a go ahead given how much effort was put into it.... have you by chance seen any of the behind the scenes photos?

And yes....silence is a good thing.

09-17-2015, 12:52 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(09-17-2015, 12:47 PM)Outrigger047 Wrote: Has anyone at Frictional or the film production company actually said that "Depth" will be released as a standalone movie, or how/where it will be released and in what format? Maybe we don't really know how they are going to use it. Perhaps it is somehow integrated with the game, although I can't imagine how that would affect pacing.

Just throwing random thoughts out there. I think we're all expecting something very conventional from this, when maybe we should be expecting anything but.

This is the info we got so far regarding the film's release:

(08-28-2015, 09:14 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: Depth's technical specifications include a "theatrical aspect ratio", which suggests that there might be something more than an internet release.

Quote:Aspect Ratio
16:9 HD (internet release)
2.35 : 1 (theatrical ratio)

(08-29-2015, 12:51 AM)Paddy™ Wrote: The director of the film, Don Thacker, also alluded to a theatrical release here:

Don Thacker Wrote:There's a secret, that I think I can tell a little bit of; there will be more of those videos for you guys, a lot more, and I'm not saying that there might be a long enough video to go see in a movie theatre - but there might!

It does seem weird that Imagos Films suddenly stopped tweeting about Depth... They used to share many photos and information about the film's progress.

This is the last tweet which mentions #projectapophis, it's from the 1st of July 2015:

Impossible Acoustic Wrote:Diving into a day of #Foley feet first. Get it? Feet first? #Foleyjoke #projectapophis @ImagosFilms.

[Image: CI2Pg5IUwAAfSZ_.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2015, 07:09 PM by Ashtoreth.)
09-17-2015, 01:00 PM
Find
Noisecode Offline

(09-17-2015, 01:00 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote:
(09-17-2015, 12:47 PM)Outrigger047 Wrote: Has anyone at Frictional or the film production company actually said that "Depth" will be released as a standalone movie, or how/where it will be released and in what format? Maybe we don't really know how they are going to use it. Perhaps it is somehow integrated with the game, although I can't imagine how that would affect pacing.

This is the info we got so far regarding the film's release:

(08-28-2015, 09:14 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: Depth's technical specifications include a "theatrical aspect ratio", which suggests that there might be something more than an internet release.

Quote:Aspect Ratio
16:9 HD (internet release)
2.35 : 1 (theatrical ratio)

(08-29-2015, 12:51 AM)Paddy™ Wrote: The director of the film, Don Thacker, also alluded to a theatrical release here:

[quote='Don Thacker']There's a secret, that I think I can tell a little bit of; there will be more of those videos for you guys, a lot more, and I'm not saying that there might be a long enough video to go see in a movie theatre - but there might!

I noticed that.............. maybe a limited theatrical release? IMDB, however, still lists the release date of the film as the 22nd..... though that could be just because no member of the crew bothered updating it.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2015, 01:06 PM by Noisecode.)
09-17-2015, 01:02 PM
Find
Chrysler Offline

Threads: 2

(09-17-2015, 01:00 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: It does seem weird that Imagos Films suddenly stopped tweeting about Depth... They used to share many photos and information about the film's progress.
Filming was completed a long time ago and it probably has been in post-production since then. There's not so much you can tweet about in that phase, I guess. They also seem to have been busy with filming other stuff since then.

I am pretty confident we'll hear more about Depth when SOMA is released, at the latest.
09-17-2015, 01:49 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(09-17-2015, 01:49 PM)Chrysler Wrote: Filming was completed a long time ago and it probably has been in post-production since then. There's not so much you can tweet about in that phase, I guess. They also seem to have been busy with filming other stuff since then.

I am pretty confident we'll hear more about Depth when SOMA is released, at the latest.

Yeah, I guess I just expected them to say something every now and then. Smile

09-17-2015, 01:51 PM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4

Well. These are our options.

The most reasonable option - The movie is completed, and is coming out September 22nd. The reason we haven't seen/heard more is that it could give away too much and we know that with the game, Frictional just love being secret squirrel about things. So we'll probably find out later.

The dramatic option - Something bad happened. Either they fell behind schedule, something with budgets or a dispute with Don and his production company. It's none of the cosumers business what's happening, so we're being left out of the loop until there's either a resolution or there isn't.

Pick one and run with it. We'll find out in 5 days Tongue
09-17-2015, 03:01 PM
Find
Noisecode Offline

Well, Thomas just sort of Answered the question in another Thread. Looks like Depth wont be released on the 22nd. Hopefully nothing went wrong... it would be a shame to not being able to have the Game and a film.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2015, 07:32 PM by Noisecode.)
09-17-2015, 07:15 PM
Find