Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't create profile and Game crashes
TubaDudeGaming Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Can't create profile and Game crashes

I have searched your threads for an answer and I can't find one.
I have a Windows 10 computer, 64-bit, and I got the Free Amnesia DD from Steam. I run it and it works fine, all the way until Create a Profile Screen. I put a name and it doesn't show up. I try again and it doesn't work. Then it crashes when I exit and I can't play. I have been trying to play for hours. I have been waiting to play this game all afternoon and it just refuses to work. Please help me fix this problem. I would absolutely love to play this game.
Thanks
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2015, 03:53 AM by TubaDudeGaming.)
09-16-2015, 03:52 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Can't create profile and Game crashes

Sounds like you don't have elevated privileges to perform the action. Try running Amnesia as an Administrator.

You've mentioned you're using steam, so you should be able to get to your Amnesia install folder at C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/

Right click Amnesia.exe and select "Run as Administrator". If you are able to create a file, exit the game, right click Amnesia and select it's Properties. Under the security tab, tick the box "Always run this program as an administrator".

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2015, 01:48 PM by Romulator.)
09-16-2015, 04:44 AM
Find
TubaDudeGaming Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Can't create profile and Game crashes

Thanks. I could not find the Amnesia.exe to save the life of me. It works now. If any other problem comes up, I'll be sure to post it because you guys are helping a lot
Thanks again
09-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Find