Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Fan Story
RoyaleBeast Offline

Threads: 16
Penumbra Fan Story

Hello, Im new to the forums but I had an idea for a Penumbra fan story about what happens when Philips friend recieves the Email from him. I am calling the story Penumbra Quiescent or Penumbra Apocryphal

Both titles have a meaning Quiescent meaning a deep sleep and Apocryphal meaning little to no authenticity. I find Apocryphal a little irony cause of the meaning and since all I did was open a dictionary to random pages and look at words and find those two. Anyway out of the complicated words. Anyone wish to help and throw some ideas?

ALSO: DONT MOCK ME CAUSE I WANT TO WRITE A FAN STORY. They left the ending open to debate and I thought It would be fun to write one.

I had an idea to simulate the opening and closing of doors and what not like in-game. Go shakesphere (Probably spelled wrong) and put something like
[Opens Door] [Picks Up Flare]

THOSE ARE EXAMPLES

Well post your ideas and comments or complaints about the big words.
11-28-2009, 05:47 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Penumbra Fan Story

Was about to ask what quiescent and apocryphal meant. I love those advanced words, I wish there could be some large site with lots of them, they happen to make great media titles.
I was also about to start one a while ago, but my computer has been broken since around the 25th of November and now it's almost christmas when I've decided to get back into console gaming since I kind of went inactive early this summer. I have some quite nice ideas and have already got some writing skills, but I'll want to replay the Penumbra games before I write anything to check for loose ends and refresh my memory a bit.
I do love the story and such of the Penumbra series though and writing fanfiction would be a nice tribute to it.
Also, writing [Opens door] would be pretty stupid in a fan story, wouldn't it? You are better off writing "I/He opened the door" in first/third person. Writing things within brackets [] is just confusing. In case you're thinking of writing it novel style with the regular walls of text and all that, anyways. Perhaps you're meaning an online roleplay?

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
12-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Find
RoyaleBeast Offline

i read a book with stuff in brackets once. good book it worked well but has to be done right. but i did ask for opinions so that does help.

EDIT: an online role play for penumbra would suck more than a vaccum factory and a hooker put together. i know thats 3rd grade type comments but i was bored and shit
12-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

Not sure about what quiescent means, but apocrypha refers to those books that were taken out of the New Testament by the Church, because they didn´t agree with how Jesus was portrayed (or something like that).
12-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

(12-11-2009, 04:35 PM)spukrian Wrote: Not sure about what quiescent means, but apocrypha refers to those books that were taken out of the New Testament by the Church, because they didn´t agree with how Jesus was portrayed (or something like that).

Just... GOOGLE it *puts glasses on*

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
12-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

quiescent means calm and peaceful.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
12-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Website Find
RoyaleBeast Offline

hmm strange in the dictionary i read it in it said "In a deep sleep" it was an old ass dictionary though
12-13-2009, 12:25 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Well maybe we both read different definitions in this big list of definitions. After all, assuming you don't have some sort of psychotic disease or you weren't subjected to chloroform, when you're in a deep sleep, it's probably calm and peaceful around you.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
12-13-2009, 12:56 AM
Website Find