Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta
Sirandar Offline

Threads: 1
Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta

This is a very well done and intriguing game.

Sadly, I am stuck in Delta as I refuse to use the stun gun on any robot knowing what I know in the context of the game.

Sorry, I am not your bitch and I simply won't finish the game and I will never buy a Frictional product again unless an alternate course of action is given.

If there already is an alternate I can't find it, have looked hard enough and it is not posted on the Internet yet ..... but obviously disregard this message.

There is no possible reason other than making the player your bitch not to offer an alternate.
09-24-2015, 06:13 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Issue: I simply refuse to use the stun gun on any robot in Delta

If I recall, there are two robots around who do not work. Are you able to fetch something from one of them? I know I found one near a pit of some sort with a fence around it, but can't remember where the other one is.

Speculation only though, I've gone past that bit and don't want to backtrack till I have finished the story once.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
09-24-2015, 06:19 AM
Find
Noisecode Offline

(09-24-2015, 06:13 AM)Sirandar Wrote: This is a very well done and intriguing game.

Sadly, I am stuck in Delta as I refuse to use the stun gun on any robot knowing what I know in the context of the game.

Sorry, I am not your bitch and I simply won't finish the game and I will never buy a Frictional product again unless an alternate course of action is given.

If there already is an alternate I can't find it, have looked hard enough and it is not posted on the Internet yet ..... but obviously disregard this message.

There is no possible reason other than making the player your bitch not to offer an alternate.

It's a game. It's make believe. Get over it. What makes you think you, or Simon if you really are hell bent on staying within the "context" of the game, are entitled to an Alternative course of action? Do you think Simon had any choice when he awoke in Pathos 2? Why should using the stun gun be any different

Incidentally, Frictional already has your money so........feel free to stomp your feet and proclaim your hate.

I loved Soma from start to finish, and although branching paths and multiple endings would have been nice, Soma Still rocked.

And i will be playing through it a second time... Especially after I see Depth (which is obviously a hoax WinkWinkCoolCool )

[Image: signature015.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2015, 09:09 AM by Noisecode.)
09-24-2015, 08:46 AM
Find
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25

If you are doing it just because the principle that you are not everyone's bitch, then the real issue starts with you.

It's just a game, and the only option you have is to choose what robot to kill. There is no other way. Get over it.

Oh you don't want to finish the game? K.

If you really want an alternate choice, then here you go:

1. Get over it and continue playing the game
2. Stop playing the game.

The game has a lot to offer especially when you make it into Theta, but that's your choice.

This forum is dead
09-24-2015, 09:47 AM
Find
ArioDargeto Offline

Threads: 7

This Is Either

A. A troll post

Or

B. A gross and utterly rediculous
overreaction and if you are THAT over
sensitive to moral dilemmas then you
shouldn't buy games like this. Unless
you knew literally nothing about SOMA
or frictional's previous games going into
this, you should have known what to expect.
You won't find sympathy here.

Simon: "Are... Are you human...?"
Mockingbird: "Did my body give it away?" CLANK CLANK
09-24-2015, 11:14 AM
Find
Bixxewoschd Offline

Threads: 3

Must be a troll, how stupid can one single human be?
09-24-2015, 12:21 PM
Find
Atwa Offline

Threads: 0

OP clearly missed the point of the game, it is supposed to be hard and something you don't want to do. But the only choice.
09-24-2015, 12:33 PM
Find
grrrz Offline

I chose the small robot who helps you, because it didn't seem to have a conscience (neither human or otherwise), and I was right "it's dumb as a rock" says catherine after.
09-24-2015, 02:56 PM
Find
Sirandar Offline

(09-24-2015, 06:13 AM)Sirandar Wrote: This is a very well done and intriguing game.

Sigh ..... I was hoping somebody had an alternate course of action at this point in the game .... sadly they do not.

When you make a thoughtful game, thoughtful people are going to play it. They get upset when you force them to violate their moral code for a stupid junk item.

If you want to look at a similar compelling game that doesn't violate the player see: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

Technically, I guess I would be classified as a hater in this particular case .... but my hate is directed at an extremely specific aspect and situation of the game because the developers go out of their way to force me to break my moral code .... all for a stupid disposable item that they could have placed somewhere.

Frictional really had 3 choices at this point in the game:

1) Do it exactly as they did it
2) Allow the player a alternate choice of action for attaining the item
3) Give the player a choice to end the game on their own terms preferably in a satisfying way.

Given choice 2 or 3, I wouldn't be posting here ....

The test tells more about the tester than the testee ....

Game deleted, future games from Frictional ignored. Sad, so much promise.

Wrote GRRZ:

"seems to have the intelligence of a toaster" = but always in around at the right time and assists the player AND "seems" is a very tricky word

"and it gets more disturbing later" thanks but no thanks How the gaming world operates 1) setup to promote player investment 2) Enslavement 3) Forced manipulation of moral codes
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2015, 04:18 PM by Sirandar.)
09-24-2015, 03:13 PM
Find
grrrz Offline

(09-24-2015, 03:13 PM)Sirandar Wrote:

Sigh ..... I was hoping somebody had an alternate course of action at this point in the game .... sadly they do not.

When you make a thoughtful game, thoughtful people are going to play it. They get upset when you force them to violate their moral code for a stupid junk item.

Technically, I guess I would be classified as a hater in this particular case .... but my hate is directed at an extremely specific aspect and situation of the game because the developers go out of their way to force me to break my moral code .... all for a stupid disposable item that they could have placed somewhere.

Frictional really had 3 choices at this point in the game:

1) Do it exactly as they did it
2) Allow the player a alternate choice of action for attaining the item
3) Give the player a choice to end the game on their own terms preferably in a satisfying way.

Given choice 2 or 3, I wouldn't be posting here ....

Game deleted, future games from Frictional ignored. Sad, so much promise.

are you for real?
this is a linear game where you can make a few choices yes, but not at all a sandbox game or whatever where you make your own experience. You have to do this action in order to progress, and yes you're supposed to feel something about it (and I agree the choices you make seems very real, and you do reflect on it). Sooner in the game you kill someone by unplugging them (or is there another way?), and it's far more disturbing than tazzing the little robot who seems to have the intelligence of a toaster. (and it gets more disturbing later).
09-24-2015, 04:04 PM
Find