Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lampoil & narration & custom live main menu background
Kyzer Offline

Threads: 6
Lampoil & narration & custom live main menu background

How do i set lampoil to 0?
How do i set a note to use narration?
How do i set some kind of way to have the game use a different main menu background? I mean like a map file

I'm asking for the code/what I need to do for these to work
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2015, 11:15 PM by Kyzer.)
09-24-2015, 11:12 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Lampoil & narration & custom live main menu background

1. SetPlayerLampOil(0.0f);

2. Check UseNarration on the entity tab in the editor, then add [voice filename.ogg] at the start of your entry in the lang file.
<Entry Name="Note_notename_Text">[voice filename.ogg]Your text here</Entry>

3. Edit your menu.cfg file in your full conversion mod. There's a BGScene = "file.map"

09-24-2015, 11:53 PM
Find
Kyzer Offline

(09-24-2015, 11:53 PM)Mugbill Wrote: 1. SetPlayerLampOil(0.0f);

2. Check UseNarration on the entity tab in the editor, then add [voice filename.ogg] at the start of your entry in the lang file.

3. Edit your menu.cfg file in your full conversion mod. There's a BGScene = "file.map"

ty

(09-24-2015, 11:53 PM)Mugbill Wrote: 1. SetPlayerLampOil(0.0f);

Wait, on that note, how do I set the camera?
I want to use a specific area of a map
Also, how do you set paragraphs in the lang? also how do I get paragraphs to only show what the speaker is talking about like in the story

Also, (asking way too many questions) How do i get the character to get up from the floor? like how the main game starts.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 12:11 AM by Kyzer.)
09-24-2015, 11:59 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

The menu camera is set by a PlayerStartArea. Check the original menu. Place an area called CameraPos and have the small blue arrow point away from where you want the camera to look.

You can use [br] in your lang text to break a line. That will make paragraphs. Check the english.lang for more examples. I think there's something like [new_page] or something but I don't know.

You can add another [voice] into your lang entry to play after your first is done, I believe.

As for the character thing, check the original .hps file. It has a scene that uses mostly MovePlayerHeadPos, FadePlayerRollTo and StartPlayerLookAt to manipulate the camera angles and positions. To reset those values to normal, run the line again and set the values to default (either 0 or 1).

09-25-2015, 12:59 AM
Find
Kyzer Offline

(09-25-2015, 12:59 AM)Mugbill Wrote: The menu camera is set by a PlayerStartArea. Check the original menu. Place an area called CameraPos and have the small blue arrow point away from where you want the camera to look.

You can use [br] in your lang text to break a line. That will make paragraphs. Check the english.lang for more examples. I think there's something like [new_page] or something but I don't know.

You can add another [voice] into your lang entry to play after your first is done, I believe.

As for the character thing, check the original .hps file. It has a scene that uses mostly MovePlayerHeadPos, FadePlayerRollTo and StartPlayerLookAt to manipulate the camera angles and positions. To reset those values to normal, run the line again and set the values to default (either 0 or 1).

Why are you the only one that really responds on this forum?

Does no one care about the original amnesia anymore?

I don't have an issue with it, I'm just asking.
09-25-2015, 01:56 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Everyone's probably busy playing soma and tooling around on the new editors man
09-25-2015, 03:00 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

I tend to see things early. Usually people don't feel the need to answer threads that have already been answered. If someone else gets here first, then I'll probably let them handle it on their own unless I have anything to add to the discussion.

09-25-2015, 07:34 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Seconding Mugbill, but since I tend to reply from a mobile device, answering five questions at once in a post is rather tedious, leaving me prone to errors and further discussion.

At the end of the day, someone will answer Smile

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
09-25-2015, 09:49 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Yup. Mugbill is the ninja here. I usually check up to see if there are any problems, but Mugbill seem to always have them solved... You actually need a +rep for that...

Trying is the first step to success.
09-25-2015, 01:18 PM
Find
Kyzer Offline

(09-25-2015, 12:59 AM)Mugbill Wrote: snipity

how do I do background ambience?
not sound sources, just background ambience.
09-25-2015, 09:52 PM
Find