Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

To Filizitas...
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63
To Filizitas...

This was a conversation me and Filizitas had over a PM, I wanted to keep it away from the public but he has now blocked me.

You just did the equivalent of covering your ears and screaming. There's a section on the SOMA threads called "Hints, Help and Spoilers", I don't go there because I don't want to be spoiled. General discussion means using talking about SOMA but using [*spoiler] tags to cover up spoilers.

It's not like I'm the only one saying this, MrSteve has told you politely to not say stuff like that in the General Discussion but you said, and I quote:

"My answer would be a real spoiler. That wasn't one at all."

Just because your vague about it, doesn't make it less spoiled. Look, I don't want to fight with you but you left me no choice. You didn't respond to my first PM and now when other people tell you to stop you don't.

Hope you can understand the points I'm making and why I have to do this,

- Aidan Maxwell
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 09:31 PM by A.M Team.)
09-26-2015, 05:35 PM
Find
Filizitas Offline

Threads: 7
RE: To Filizitas...

You are not supposed to show people private messages without my approval. They are private... And shoving this into public is just like: "throwing tomatoes at people".

Tho you clearly offend me with that thread im reporting it.
I left you a choice and i clearly got that point with the spoilers...

Tentacle raping guy is coming for ya Q.Q Watcha gonna do?
09-26-2015, 05:42 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

(09-26-2015, 05:42 PM)Filizitas Wrote: You are not supposed to show people private messages without my approval. They are private... And shoving this into public is just like: "throwing tomatoes at people".

Tho you clearly offend me with that thread im reporting it.
I left you a choice and i clearly got that point with the spoilers...
You know what, I'm done arguing with you.

It's pointless, I'll never acknowledge you again, goodbye...
09-26-2015, 05:50 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Something I will say to both of you and the whole of the forums in general is this:

If the game has only just come out for a short while and you are discussing what very well might be spoilers then you should ALWAYS put anything that is possibly a spoiler inside tags as a courtesy to others. If in doubt you should put them in tags just to be safe.

For anyone avoiding spoilers, there is always going to be the danger of random "light" spoilers in the form of people talking about very broad themes of the game. It will be very hard to ensure that everyone decides to put things like these in spoiler tags too so if you fear spoilers that are light as these it may be a good idea to stay away from all related discussions to ensure that you are not spoiled in the lightest or even shut off internet access because there might always be random people talking about random tibits of information somewhere.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-26-2015, 06:36 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Agreed with Kreek, posting about spoilers this early after the games release is simply not okay in my book.

There will be no way of avoiding it completely, but you've really been doing the rounds with it.

And ignoring people after having been asked to stop is not cool either.

HOWEVER, Doctor this is a matter you should've brought up in PM with one of us moderators, making an open post about it on the forums and posting PRVIATE messages sent to you is also not in least bit alright.
09-26-2015, 07:40 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

I updated the post to remove the PM's.
09-26-2015, 09:31 PM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4

In general, people are indeed being a good bunch of folk and putting spoilers in spoiler tags.

BUT; I have had to (and I'm pretty sure Aidan has been as well) totally avoid the Soma General discussion area entirely, now.

People were nicely putting *spoilers* in their threads, but there are a LOT of new threads that have an opening title that are fairly big spoilers in themselves. I already feel gutted that after a brief overlook of the general, I now know large chunks of things that happen in the game.

I get it's not your job to always dictate to people what they can and can not title their threads, but the area has become a total no go of late.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 02:10 PM by MrSteve.)
09-28-2015, 02:08 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Could you moderators perhaps edit the titles/add spoiler tags if you see a no-no?

09-28-2015, 03:36 PM
Find