Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Game refusing to open
Stuh217
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Game refusing to open
Hello. I played Black Plague when it came out years ago and loved it. I got all the games on Steam recently so I can enjoy a dark survival horror game influenced by Lovecraft. And I've run into a problem:
I open it via Steam (or desktop, it doesn't matter) and the screen goes black momentarily, and then the game minimizes. Try as I might, I cannot get the game to go full screen anymore. When I hover my mouse over the icon on the taskbar, it shows an image of my desktop with a black rectangle in the top left corner. Only one time have I been able to get it to run properly: after I updated my video drivers. I played for a bit, closed it, came back the next day and I have had the exact same issue ever since.

Any ideas? I'm running Windows 10, with an EVGA GTX 960.

I see I should post the hpl file. I will do so when I am at my desktop again. I apologize.
10-04-2015, 03:31 AM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game refusing to open
Did you change anything with the video settings on that first time it was working? It might be something with the settings that you changed and it did not like?
10-05-2015, 08:48 AM
Website Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.