Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Possible items and abilitys in amnesia
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50
Possible items and abilitys in amnesia

just thinking of possible items and abilitys for amniesia

Torch-used on various places (stands,walls...etc) or used as an alternate item for lighting fires (candles,fireplaces that kind of stuff)

Medicine-used for various reasons as in healing,making possible flamable places on ground to stop enemies from advancing

Rope-used for making tripwires and to climb of walls or make a new object (like as in an object on the ground, you select the rope, click on the object,then click on another object then use your arrow keys to adjust distance between items)

Boards-Used on doors if you want to delay enemies from advancing on you but be careful you might delay yourself (more boards on doors means longer to get through.)

Build-use random items from inventory and world to make a new item as in a item to break down doors or weak walls and supports (found in inventory page)

Disassemble-take apart objects from inventory and world for smaller carryable items. (Default-Q)

Rest- Sit down and slowly regain health and sanity (default-P)

Hide -
Pretty Easy to understand just press bound button then select object if it is your size you will hide in it and you will hope the enemy will pass (used on barrels crates and small spaces. (Default-Z)

Distract-Throw an item from your inventory to distract enemy (Default-M)

Thats all i can think of for Amnesia for now if you guys have any other ideas you can post them here

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
12-29-2009, 02:13 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Possible items and abilitys in amnesia

My opinions on your suggestions:

Lockpick is a good idea. I would like it to be a finite resource, like in Deus Ex (you have many lockpicks and they´re used up when you pick a lock, some difficult locks require more lockpicks than others). Or maybe you have just one lockpick, but you have to solve a puzzle/minigame in order to succeed (like in the Thief games).

Torch - in the videos released so far there are tinderboxes used to light things on fire.

Medicine - flammable medicine? Huh But yeah, some way of healing would be nice. Maybe they should get rid of the "heal over time" thing they had in Penumbra.

Having some rope that you could use to solve more than one puzzle would be cool. But I guess it would be hard to program in some of the stuff you describe.

Boards or some other way to barricade doors wuld be nice. In Penumbra, every time I put obstacles in front of a door, the obstacle would just be broken down along with the door whenever a monster bashed through it.

Building random stuff and dissassembling? I think this is hard to program and I don´t think it´s useful. I mean, I´m certain there will be items you can combine and items you can take apart (Penumbra had items like that), but it will not be random.

I don´t think resting is a good idea either. If they do allow resting, I hope it´s only part of scripted sequences. If not, I hope that there will be a chance that monsters find you when you´re sleeping ( = game over).

Distract is a good idea, but it´s already in the game I assume. You can distract enemies in Penumbra already.

Hmm... my own ideas?

I suggest that we get an advanced notebook/diary in the game. In Penumbra when you encountered an obstacle a note was scribbled like this:

- There is an obstacle here, I need to find a way around.

and then when you solved that problem, the note disappeared!

I want the note to stay and for new notes to appear when you solve puzzles. Like this:

12.13, Monday May 13th 1776. - I need a key to the door.

14.36, Friday June 27th 1777. - I found the key to the door.

so that later in the game you can review old notes!
12-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Find
tonewww Offline

yeah i agree with the notebook part sometimes in penumbra when i threw an object across the room there was just a noise by the enemy and then it moved on.

and for torches i wanted to just have an item that could be used as a glowstick (penumbra Tongue) so a torch so light it with a tinder box or another fire then you have more fire so you dont have to waste your tinderboxes

12-30-2009, 01:59 AM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

I'd really like to see more items in Amnesia than in Penumbra (I mean non-puzzle items). I feels like everything you pick up in Penumbra is flares and beef jerky...
01-18-2010, 08:41 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I agree a bit with nofsky. I remember in the storage room in the Tech Demo where you met the first bat, there was so much stuff in there that added much more realism and character than a bunch of samey-looking crates or a box of dynamite or just a few items that you need to take and use to solve a puzzle.

It may sound weird, but I don't think I've seen that many things like it in video games, and it sticks out in my mind because you know that the place was actually in use before you came. It probably is actually my most favorite room in a video game.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
01-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Website Find
tonewww Offline

Now lets think of things that need to be scrapped and never used in amnesia Ill start;

-Invisible enemys (like ghosts but can be killed (FEAR 2) i hope ghosts will be in the game but they will toy with you <as in moving keys> that would be pretty interesting but it should be random like a program in the game is coded to make things random like enemys would be nice

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2010, 01:14 AM by msp301.)
01-20-2010, 01:12 AM
Find