Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra patches and steam
ajvitaly Offline

Threads: 12
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Penumbra patches and steam

I'm going to be playing through all three Penumbra games soon (in anticipation of Amnesia coming out), and before I start I want to make sure the games are as up-to-date as possible. I have the games through Steam, and I know for a fact that the Steam version of Overture is not the most recent version and, in fact, is compatible with latest patch on Frictional's website. What about Black Plague and Requiem, though? Are the steam versions the most up-to-date and, if not, are they compatible with the latest available patches?
01-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Penumbra patches and steam

All steam games are the latest version, even overture. But overture has a rare steam specific problem that we have not been able to recreate here and therefor not been able to fix, if it even can be fixed. Those that have the problem can solve it by reapplying a patch from our support.
01-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Website Find
Nebula Offline

Threads: 0

and how exactly do you apply non steam patches into steam?

EDIT: NVM...
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2010, 11:15 PM by Tuckinator.)
01-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Find
ajvitaly Offline

Threads: 12

(01-05-2010, 07:22 PM)jens Wrote: All steam games are the latest version, even overture. But overture has a rare steam specific problem that we have not been able to recreate here and therefor not been able to fix, if it even can be fixed. Those that have the problem can solve it by reapplying a patch from our support.

Thanks for the info! Inadvertently, I'd applied the overture patch a few weeks ago. Ha!
01-06-2010, 03:46 AM
Find