Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Fearful Questions - SOMA and Existential Dread"
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
"Fearful Questions - SOMA and Existential Dread"

Here's a new interview with Thomas (contains spoilers):

http://indiegames.com/2015/10/fearful_qu...and_e.html

EDIT: and another, from The Existential Gamer (again, spoilers):

http://existentialgamer.com/interview-th...onal-games

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2015, 02:11 AM by Paddy™.)
10-17-2015, 07:14 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: "Fearful Questions - SOMA and Existential Dread"

The Existential Gamer Wrote:TEG: What’s next for you after SOMA?

TG: Can’t give any details, but we are going to look into creating horror by employing more dynamic systems. SOMA was quite linear and relied on a pretty strict sequence of plot points. We want to explore doing the same things while making the world and story more open for the player.

This sounds really interesting. More emphasis on players' choices, perhaps multiple narrative branches and endings?

As much as this piqued my curiosity, I'll try to stay completely in the dark regarding the next Frictional game. I've learnt my lesson with SOMA: no more "info portals", ignorance is bliss. Cool

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2015, 05:17 PM by Ashtoreth.)
10-19-2015, 05:14 PM
Find
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11

The thing I worry about when you "Open" up the world, is that it becomes that you begin to spend a good amount of time moving back and forth and back and forth again going from one "objective marker" to another, but traipsing through the same unchanging environment.

Anyway, would hope to see them do DLC to SOMA hopefully too.
10-19-2015, 09:57 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(10-19-2015, 05:14 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: As much as this piqued my curiosity, I'll try to stay completely in the dark regarding the next Frictional game. I've learnt my lesson with SOMA: no more "info portals", ignorance is bliss. Cool

Amen to that! Cool I want to discover and play the next FG game the same way I played Amnesia, i.e. knowing almost nothing about it. I'm going underground once the next game is announced right up until it gets released. I just hope it's not gonna be another 5 years before we see it...

10-19-2015, 10:03 PM
Find