Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which area is your favourite?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1.82%
1 1.82%
Upsilon
7.27%
4 7.27%
Ocean floor/Curie
1.82%
1 1.82%
Lambda
0%
0 0%
Delta
1.82%
1 1.82%
Theta
30.91%
17 30.91%
Omicron
21.82%
12 21.82%
Abyss
21.82%
12 21.82%
Tau
7.27%
4 7.27%
ARK
5.45%
3 5.45%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite section of the game? *SPOILERS*
Dundle Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Favourite section of the game? *SPOILERS*

I see that there is an overwhelming choosing of Theta for the "best section of the game." I would be in that group. It may be because it feels like that part has a lot more free-roam capacity then the other areas, besides Delta (which may be my second favorite.) The areas where there are multiple paths to choose from feel a lot more engaging and realistic, and so they help with the immersion. Amnesia had this as well through the "hubs."

I picked Theta not just for the entrance area, but also for the labs. Even as well as Theta was done, I still feel like it could've been better. Personally, I think the "loading doors" should've been brought back. That would've allowed for bigger areas (in a manner of speaking - the maps would be smaller but the illusion of the size and capacity of the actual facility would've felt larger) It also would've been less stressful performance-wise.

I understand why they didn't put them in there as well. The "loading" screens between areas could have potentially broken the immersion somewhat. But you wouldn't have 10 minute long waiting screens every time you load up a save...
10-19-2015, 03:56 PM
Find
Koopa Rs07 Offline

Threads: 30

Spoiler below!
I had a hard time choosing between 2015 and Theta because when I first played and realized that the game begins in 2015, I began to get excited for all the cool modern day mods that could be created with all the models from it. Theta was my second favorite because the monster there was TERRIFYING.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2015, 01:16 PM by Koopa Rs07.)
10-19-2015, 04:07 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

(10-19-2015, 01:37 AM)Modulator Wrote: Theta was the area that annoyed me due to my ignorance and inability to fix the bloody elevator. Akers got pretty pissed at me too often and just made the area drag on.

Agree completely, Akers would just not leave me alone, ever. No matter how long I waited perfectly still, no matter how quiet I was, nothing calmed him down or made him give me distance.
10-19-2015, 07:38 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(10-19-2015, 07:38 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote:
(10-19-2015, 01:37 AM)Modulator Wrote: Theta was the area that annoyed me due to my ignorance and inability to fix the bloody elevator. Akers got pretty pissed at me too often and just made the area drag on.

Agree completely, Akers would just not leave me alone, ever. No matter how long I waited perfectly still, no matter how quiet I was, nothing calmed him down or made him give me distance.

I looked through the code and figured out why post-game~

Spoiler below!
I took Brandon's chip and had no idea what to do with it afterwards. Taking it increases Akers' aggressiveness towards you. Plus it probably didn't help that I spent a fair amount of time around the elevator, which calls a code showing Akers your position.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
10-20-2015, 03:17 AM
Find
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11

I doubt anyone would vote for Lambda. It wasn't even much of an area really. You were in and out before you knew it anyway. Plus the eventual cat and mouse with the Jiangshi on the CURIE would definitely overshadow your introduction to him there.

I would have combined Lambda and the CURIE together in the poll.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2015, 05:30 AM by PathOS.)
10-20-2015, 05:29 AM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

I choose Upsilon since there wasn't any game coverage at the starting area so I was pretty anxious as to what would happen. Even when I spoiled myself with the game play trailer Upsilon feels like home to me. It feels like the HUB right after the water monster chase scene in Amnesia, a place where I feel safe even if I'm not.
10-20-2015, 06:14 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

(10-20-2015, 03:17 AM)Modulator Wrote:
(10-19-2015, 07:38 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: Akers would just not leave me alone, ever. No matter how long I waited perfectly still, no matter how quiet I was, nothing calmed him down or made him give me distance.

I looked through the code and figured out why post-game~

Spoiler below!
I took Brandon's chip and had no idea what to do with it afterwards. Taking it increases Akers' aggressiveness towards you. Plus it probably didn't help that I spent a fair amount of time around the elevator, which calls a code showing Akers your position.

That's frustrating and interesting at the same time, because when I finally got back to the elevator area was the only time he got off my back.
10-20-2015, 09:49 PM
Find
sasaluvsamnesia7 Offline

Threads: 0

I voted Omicron.

Entering the location was for me, the most atmospheric, especially with the headless bodies and learning about how they all died (what a horrible way to go), then later discovering that some of those bodies move around when you leave and come back.

Meeting Ross.

Avoiding angering the weeping WAU female creation that reacts to movement, getting so incredibly close without being threatened yet feeling terrified as she cries and says some sad, terrible things.

The freezer, where I spent a while looking at all the mutated fish.

Putting together a new suit to get ready to go down into the abyss.

Choosing to either leave the old Simon or kill him. This bit for me was so incredibly deep, I actually wept and was shaking. After many minutes of thinking it over, I went ahead and pulled the plug.
10-26-2015, 11:31 AM
Find
wtcelesta Offline

Theta, not only because of the labs, but also for the most terrifying moment in the game overall - when Simon falls down the elevator and in the maintenance corridor Akers (or a proxy monster, I'm not sure ) runs down the stairs towards him.
I played twice, and both times when there was a sound of chase at that point, I panicked so much that I ran down that corridor right into Akers. Twice.
07-15-2016, 10:37 PM
Find
dhollmusik Offline

Threads: 0

(10-18-2015, 11:18 PM)PiratesFr33k Wrote: just the atmosphere and the feeling of *being* down there went under my skin.

(10-19-2015, 12:52 AM)GhylTarvoke Wrote: That half-hour was completely unlike anything else I've played, almost an out-of-body experience. The way it used lighting was ingenious - The music and ambient sounds were also superb.

(10-19-2015, 06:04 AM)VaeVictis Wrote: the sound effects, the movement of debris at your feet, and limited vision, I really felt disorientated and immersed in the game.

Agreed! The Abyss, especially during the storm, is up there with The Choir from Amnesia for sheer immersion. Even tho' we'd been underwater a bunch of times it really felt we were thousands of meters deeper than before. Excellent game design.

...and coming out the spider caves to be greeted by a grinning devilfish (I had the torch on too) was a proper WOAH! moment.
07-17-2016, 02:42 PM
Find