Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things you may not have noticed (spoilers ahoy!)
CrashHeadroom Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Things you may not have noticed (spoilers ahoy!)

And still no one can answer the question of what is in that damn locked locker at Delta ....the one thing I damn well want to know! XD.

Though i have nothing to add on things I've found in retail, think you all have done a pretty good job of that...im learning alot from digging round the files and finding older things that got cut out, for instance:

Intro cutscene used to be longer with more dialogue (you'd pick ashely up at her place).

There was ment to be another apartment scene. No files exist save for 2 lipsync files, "AnswerMachine_10_AnswerMachine_002_AnswerMachine_001" and "AnswerMachine_13_NoNewMessages_001_AnswerMachine_001"

The girl on the subway train was originally the secretary of munshi (most people know that though).

A suit at upsilon has inside it, what I THINK is Evans' image (would have been killed by the construct).

A dieing robot that was just outside of upsilon's control room. Would have rambled about things going wrong as it was dieing.

After you unplug amy, she would re-appear further down the tunnel as a crawler, causing the shuttle crash (audio files exists for both the crash and her as an enemy).

The curie's audio recordings had differnt dialogue originally, the surface was not completely taken out and the world had devolved into chaos, also obviously the cut "Zombie" like enemies here (humans with W.A.U. crap attached to their heads).

Akers had dialogue where he'd be trying to convince you to stay and sleep, plugged into the W.A.U. (i used it all in my concept album, DAMN GOOD speech).

Not sure what it was all about, but there is another chapter audio folder called "Theta Exit B". From what I can tell its left over from a veeeery previous version of the game. No actual audio is inside but there are lipsync files for : "Victimworker", "Victimmoaner" "Survivor" and finally "Brandon's wife". My guess is its left over from when it was the more love craftian version of the game.

The W.A.U. blob...construct....people things in T.A.U. could originally be killed (there is death and datamine audio left).

other weird things I've found are to do with the K8s. Originally, they look like they were controlled by .... well it looks like a woman. There are models of corrupted K8s in the files, a model of this Kate's body that looks like its made out of tentacles, and finally....a very strange, 4 clawed, 4 eyed robot looking thing called "KATE CONTROL" or something. REALLY would like to know what their original intention in the game was. Btw, the destroyed K8 bots you find are the corrupted one's just minus the W.A.U. modeling on them.

Tons of cut marine life

the patchwork zombies, the "chestburst" zombies (ya know the guy you see on the floor with the mechanical heart/lungs sticking out his chest) both would have been enemies to run away from.

A corrupted version of the cute robot "eye" subs...looks like something out of doom, not surprised it was cut.

Lots of W.A.U. based props

Oh one more thing...one BIG THING I bet no one noticed is the Curie's gigantic plot hole. Now lemme start by saying what most people think is a plot hole, isnt. Information that isn't being told to you IS NOT a plot hole. What a plot hole is, is when information earlier in a story is contradicted later on...in this case, The Curie. In Transmission its still active and gets sunk, 152 days before Simon wakes up. In-game, it sunk almost just after the comet hit, hence all the coral, skeletons and other crap growing on it. BIG plot hole there and my only true argument with the game lol. However, combine this with the cut elements found in the files...it originally had sunk very recently hence why the crew were W.A.U'ed up.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2016, 05:20 PM by CrashHeadroom.)
07-25-2016, 04:50 PM
Find
SlackerinDeNile Offline

Threads: 7

(07-25-2016, 04:50 PM)CrashHeadroom Wrote: And still no one can answer the question of what is in that damn locked locker at Delta ....the one thing I damn well want to know! XD.

Though i have nothing to add on things I've found in retail, think you all have done a pretty good job of that...im learning alot from digging round the files and finding older things that got cut out, for instance:

Intro cutscene used to be longer with more dialogue (you'd pick ashely up at her place).

There was ment to be another apartment scene. No files exist save for 2 lipsync files, "AnswerMachine_10_AnswerMachine_002_AnswerMachine_001" and "AnswerMachine_13_NoNewMessages_001_AnswerMachine_001"

The girl on the subway train was originally the secretary of munshi (most people know that though).

A suit at upsilon has inside it, what I THINK is Evans' image (would have been killed by the construct).

A dieing robot that was just outside of upsilon's control room. Would have rambled about things going wrong as it was dieing.

After you unplug amy, she would re-appear further down the tunnel as a crawler, causing the shuttle crash (audio files exists for both the crash and her as an enemy).

The curie's audio recordings had differnt dialogue originally, the surface was not completely taken out and the world had devolved into chaos, also obviously the cut "Zombie" like enemies here (humans with W.A.U. crap attached to their heads).

Akers had dialogue where he'd be trying to convince you to stay and sleep, plugged into the W.A.U. (i used it all in my concept album, DAMN GOOD speech).

Not sure what it was all about, but there is another chapter audio folder called "Theta Exit B". From what I can tell its left over from a veeeery previous version of the game. No actual audio is inside but there are lipsync files for : "Victimworker", "Victimmoaner" "Survivor" and finally "Brandon's wife". My guess is its left over from when it was the more love craftian version of the game.

The W.A.U. blob...construct....people things in T.A.U. could originally be killed (there is death and datamine audio left).

other weird things I've found are to do with the K8s. Originally, they look like they were controlled by .... well it looks like a woman. There are models of corrupted K8s in the files, a model of this Kate's body that looks like its made out of tentacles, and finally....a very strange, 4 clawed, 4 eyed robot looking thing called "KATE CONTROL" or something. REALLY would like to know what their original intention in the game was. Btw, the destroyed K8 bots you find are the corrupted one's just minus the W.A.U. modeling on them.

Tons of cut marine life

the patchwork zombies, the "chestburst" zombies (ya know the guy you see on the floor with the mechanical heart/lungs sticking out his chest) both would have been enemies to run away from.

A corrupted version of the cute robot "eye" subs...looks like something out of doom, not surprised it was cut.

Lots of W.A.U. based props

Oh one more thing...one BIG THING I bet no one noticed is the Curie's gigantic plot hole. Now lemme start by saying what most people think is a plot hole, isnt. Information that isn't being told to you IS NOT a plot hole. What a plot hole is, is when information earlier in a story is contradicted later on...in this case, The Curie. In Transmission its still active and gets sunk, 152 days before Simon wakes up. In-game, it sunk almost just after the comet hit, hence all the coral, skeletons and other crap growing on it. BIG plot hole there and my only true argument with the game lol. However, combine this with the cut elements found in the files...it originally had sunk very recently hence why the crew were W.A.U'ed up.

I've found most of this stuff, but could you please tell me where some of the other cut audio can be found?
07-27-2016, 02:50 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

^ Might help if you specified what kind of things you're after Smile There's a lot in that post hehe

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
07-27-2016, 03:30 PM
Find
CrashHeadroom Offline

I make sure to be very thorough XD

Well I'm assuming its the audio dialogue you want right? in which case you will find them in:

SOMA/lang/eng/voices.

Hope this helps ^^
07-27-2016, 04:26 PM
Find
SlackerinDeNile Offline

(07-27-2016, 04:26 PM)CrashHeadroom Wrote: I make sure to be very thorough XD

Well I'm assuming its the audio dialogue you want right? in which case you will find them in:

SOMA/lang/eng/voices.

Hope this helps ^^

Yeah i've looked through there and found a number of cut dialogues and conversations although some of what you mention is definitely not there.

I'm also aware of the amount of cut graphics, models and animations in the game, I had a look at those too.
07-27-2016, 09:57 PM
Find
CrashHeadroom Offline

Quote:Yeah i've looked through there and found a number of cut dialogues and conversations although some of what you mention is definitely not there.

I'm also aware of the amount of cut graphics, models and animations in the game, I had a look at those too.

Ok then you'll definately need to be more specific. Which info are you after?
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2016, 10:56 PM by CrashHeadroom.)
07-27-2016, 10:56 PM
Find
SlackerinDeNile Offline

(07-27-2016, 10:56 PM)CrashHeadroom Wrote:
Quote:Yeah i've looked through there and found a number of cut dialogues and conversations although some of what you mention is definitely not there.

Ok then you'll definately need to be more specific. Which info are you after?

It's no problem lol, I might PM you about it another time.
07-28-2016, 11:09 PM
Find
Buddy91 Offline

Threads: 0

I'm propably late late to the party with this small detail, but i didn't saw it either here or anywhere else.

In second floor of Upsilon in the Flow Control room it doesn't matter if You pull switch
or touch wau flower next to it - the effect will be the same (turning power down and let contruct in)

So if You decided to leave switch for later and do the other one just because... unawarely (like i did)
You will be Not so Nice suprise Confused
[Image: 7YAOMFD.jpg]
09-22-2016, 11:04 PM
Find
Sleepbug Offline

Threads: 4

On the bottle of structure gel is a label denoting hazards, production number, and a QR code. If scanned, the QR code says "structure gel 023343".

http://i.imgur.com/ROAIIyp.png

I also noticed after digging through the files and replaying SOMA a couple weeks ago that, along with Haimatsu and Carthage Industries, there seems to be two other, minor companies; Niurou Fan Food Corp and Golem, Niurou Fan providing food and food related products, as the name suggests, and Golem providing both hand tools and electrical tools. I really like these tiny details.

There's also a brand/company called "Desirain" as seen on this image posted by David Satzinger, but I've hard no luck with finding where the logo is used in SOMA.

http://sethnemo.deviantart.com/art/Soma-...-580642681

Are You Still In There? Am I Still Here?
10-23-2016, 08:11 AM
Find
TwoCatsYelling Offline

Threads: 0

(10-25-2015, 08:07 PM)GhylTarvoke Wrote: Please post your easy-to-miss observations here (not necessarily easter eggs)! I'll start.

#26 seriously messed with me lol...

Spoiler below!
I noticed because, prior to it opening, I was wondering if there was a way to open it, maybe from elsewhere. So when I came back up the ramp and suddenly see it partially opened, and hear something on the other side... that really messed with me. From that point on, I gave it a wide berth, expecting something to happen. Bad door! Bad!
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2017, 01:41 PM by TwoCatsYelling.)
09-17-2017, 01:34 PM
Find