Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Missing the minimum requirements?
Ricecakes Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Missing the minimum requirements?

The game has been crashing right after the introduction cinematic, which most likely means I lack the minimum reqs for the game. I'm sure that I have everything required except for the video card. I've looked at the FAQ from Frictional Games Support, and I just want to make sure this applies to me.

I'm on a standard macbook bought in 2007 with all of the regular options that come with it. For a number of stupid reasons I can't access more information than that on the specs from the computer itself, but anyway the card is whatever came with intel-based macbooks in June 2007, most likely an Intel GMA 950 if this site's right:
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ma...specs.html

This may be a pointless question, but does this mean that the video card I have installed isn't supported for the Penumbra collection? And, if this is the case, would it be worth it to try and update the video card, or would it just be easier to get a new computer at this point?
(02-20-2010, 04:26 PM)Ricecakes Wrote: The game has been crashing right after the introduction cinematic, which most likely means I lack the minimum reqs for the game. I'm sure that I have everything required except for the video card. I've looked at the FAQ from Frictional Games Support, and I just want to make sure this applies to me.

I'm on a standard macbook bought in 2007 with all of the regular options that come with it. For a number of stupid reasons I can't access more information than that on the specs from the computer itself, but anyway the card is whatever came with intel-based macbooks in June 2007, most likely an Intel GMA 950 if this site's right:
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ma...specs.html

This may be a pointless question, but does this mean that the video card I have installed isn't supported for the Penumbra collection? And, if this is the case, would it be worth it to try and update the video card, or would it just be easier to get a new computer at this point?

And if it helps at all, I've attached the hpl.log as well.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2010, 04:36 PM by Marcin.)
02-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Missing the minimum requirements?

It seems to be correct, that your computer is not capable of playing the game. To find out your system specifications go to Apple menu -> About this Mac -> More info... and then look in Hardware -> Graphics/Display and you should see if it is a Intel GMA.
02-22-2010, 06:58 AM
Website Find
manikertamang Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Missing the minimum requirements?

I think your graphic card has not supported this game.
04-08-2010, 04:54 AM
Find