Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

3D glitching in demo of Penumbra: Overture
stickynote427 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago 3D glitching in demo of Penumbra: Overture

I downloaded the Penumbra: Overture demo today, and I really enjoyed playing it. The developers have done a fantastic job and the gameplay is very unique; this has also been the first time in a while that I have been frightened by a game, even considering that I only played the demo.

I am highly considering purchasing the whole Penumbra series, but one thing that makes me hesitant is 3D glitching that I experienced during gameplay.

It first started right when I began the game, on the boat. The barrel seemed to be protruding out and was stretched. The same thing also happens when I'm in the area where the metal rod is placed and the mechanism can be turned. In the tunnels, some triangles appear to be missing sometimes or I can see through the wall leading in to the tunnels.

EDIT: I downloaded the second demo as well, and this glitching occurs there, too. Sometimes it becomes difficult to play the games.

Has anyone else experienced these glitches, and do they occur in the full version as well?

Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2010, 02:48 AM by buba.)
02-28-2010, 12:24 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: 3D glitching in demo of Penumbra: Overture

Make sure that you graphics drivers are up-to-date and properly installed. That you are running the 1.0.3 version of the demo, http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/52/

Finally if that does not work I think that you can use the full game version's hotfix on the demo, http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/87/ that should fix any remaining graphical bugs.
02-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Website Find