Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Mac OS X Saved game location
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Mac OS X Saved game location

This is an unusual question.. but here goes..

In Penumbra I put all the settings and saved game files in Library/Preferences/Frictional Games/Penumbra. For Amnesia I'm looking at other possible places to put it instead.. I would like input on where it makes SENSE to put these files based on experience from other games..

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
02-27-2010, 05:30 AM
Website Find
NeatNit Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Mac OS X Saved game location

The best place in my opinion is <Amnesia>/save or /savedgames or just about any folder name that screams "your saves are here". It's where the user expects to find it.

Edit: er, didn't notice this was for mac. still.

also for windows please Tongue
05-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Find
Genexi Offline

Threads: 0

For me, I would prefer it to be under <User>/Library/Application Support/<Game Name> as the majority of OS X applications use that location for data/preference storage. Keeps thing tidier, unlike the Preferences folder which is already a mess with widget and system com files.
05-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Find
AgentZeppin Offline

Threads: 0

(05-12-2010, 11:36 AM)Genexi Wrote: I would prefer it to be under <User>/Library/Application Support/<Game Name>

I might be a bit late to reply but Application Support is where I expect to find these sorts of files, typically. I can't say I really mind when the saves are in the Preferences folder, though, so long as they stay out of the Documents folder.
05-30-2010, 05:59 PM
Find