Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Worst games EVER
ajvitaly Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Worst games EVER

Games that I have bought which I thought were terrible:

Far Cry 2. Too bad because the visuals are fantastic.
Call of Cthulu - The momeny the game gave you a gun it was terrible.
Assassin's Creed is pretty but terrible and repetitive.
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic took one of my favorite game names and turned it into a cheese fest action masher. :/
04-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

That game is actually so bad, that it's good.
Honestly, if you're really searching for awful game, then find every info related to this title and laugh the next two hours, when you're realizing that almost 20.000 people actually bought that...

Oh, and by the way:
YOU'RE WINNER !

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing links:

Wikipedia
Gameplay #1
Gameplay #2

Oh, and one more thing:
Stellar Stone (the company behind this great game) actually made 7 other games as well...

04-29-2010, 07:34 AM
Website Find
TheLittleGarfield Offline

Threads: 2

Oh, I remember this... -,-

Meh...
04-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Honestly, I would buy that game.
Just because then I'd own the worst video game ever made.

04-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Website Find
naturon Offline

Threads: 1

(04-27-2010, 08:32 PM)ajvitaly Wrote: Games that I have bought which I thought were terrible:

Far Cry 2. Too bad because the visuals are fantastic.
Call of Cthulu - The momeny the game gave you a gun it was terrible.
Assassin's Creed is pretty but terrible and repetitive.
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic took one of my favorite game names and turned it into a cheese fest action masher. :/

Erm... what? Call of Cthulhu was nothing short of spectacular the entire time playing for me. Even though its focus shifted to a more FPS-based one it still wasn't bad, in fact if you compare it to some shooters out today it's an outstanding FPS. The game didn't stop with the ingenious puzzles and interesting scenarios either. Oh well, sorry to hear that you disliked it.
04-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Find
acare Offline

Threads: 4

Dreamkiller for me.
05-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Website Find
Skaruts Offline

Threads: 11

I agree with Lee's list there. Even tho many ppl would start considering hanging me on a crucifix. I know that for having shared my opinions in other forums.
But the very king of lousy games, in my honest opinion, is Oblivion.

(03-15-2010, 05:07 AM)WindexGlow Wrote: Also lee; fallout3 and oblivion WITH mods completely transforms the games, turning them into extremly fun role-players at times.

That's a very poor argument that's been overused in forums all around whenever Oblivion comes into the party. Not wanting to start a rant or even arguing about it, but just to make my point clear as to why I think it's such a poor argument, I'll ask two questions?

1- Is that supposed to mean that after loosing hours, or depending on free time maybe days or weeks, trying to find best mods and trying to find ways of running them with each other without conflicting and bugging each other, the game will become worthy of my money investiment? (given the circunstace that the game in question hasn't just been released and there's mods already)

2- Would you like to buy a ham & cheese sanswish at a store, and go home and notice you would have to add the cheese and the ham yourself because it didn't come included?

I mean, these are serious busyness guys, not indies or freeware developers. Their products must be complete upon release. The consumer will invest money in their product, most likely with no money back guarantee. You could probably let it go by the fact that the sandwish didn't have what it said, because it costs around 2 or 3 bucks. But if you are spending 40 or more, I don't think so. This is one of the facts that severely disgusted me about oblivion.

But even tho, it's not the decisive thing in my opinion about the game, which comes from a consecutive 2+2 from the time I spent in it.
The whole game is crowded with senseless or nonsense contents all around, has useless features, too heavy despite the graphics not being so top notch as they seem, lunar physics (as I like to call them), very unvaried world with nothing but ups and downs (no plane areas in this world?) and almost the same flora and fauna in 90% (?) of it, amazingly bad gameplay with horses, etc...

Of course, not all is bad, I like the real time level up system and even in some of the bad contents there's a few good things worth noticing, but, in overall, I don't recomend it. Damn Arx Fatalis was so much more fun. Big Grin

I know my post seems vague, but I hate making posts too big, so if anyone wants I can be more specific.(Warning, I could make a 700 pages book about this, so careful with what you wish for Big Grin) But for now, I'm just giving my 2 cents. Big Grin
05-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Find
Felix Atagong Offline

Threads: 2

William Shatner's Tekwar 1995

Although the blurb promised some intelligent AI you could shoot at about anything that moved (including police officers and innocent bystanders) without real consequences.

Your enemies would also shoot at you for whatever reason (why did they pick you and not the other people in the street?). The police would only shoot at you and not aim at your adversaries who also carry guns, etc.., etc...

One silly scene contained a bus driving ad infinitum around a square and every time the bus drove past by some tugs inside would start shooting at you. I never understood why the bus was never stopped by the cops and what is the general purpose anyway of a bus driving for hours in circles without halting.

But the worst was the so-called Matrix level where you entered, à la Tron, inside a computer trying to find something: nobody told you what to find and where to find it and I have seen a report from someone who wandered for two hours inside this LSD-trip-coloured maze without getting any result.

Some Penumbra 2006 TD Hints and a Dutch localisation file can be found at http://atagong.com/penumbra
05-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Website Find
Skaruts Offline

Threads: 11

looooooool
I remember playing that game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vho7k1qON_w

I remember my 1st impression was "omg this sucks, these wepons suck", but the only thing that kept me playing it for some time was the amazing sceneries (for the time). After playing Duke Nukem with it's impressively marvelous sceneries I got rly interested in this game for the same reason. But hell, those guns were really damn boring... I quickly gave up and started playing Blood. Big Grin

One thing you might have noticed is that eye level is at the height of the other characters waists. Doom engine ftw.
05-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

(05-21-2010, 07:52 PM)Skaruts Wrote: One thing you might have noticed is that eye level is at the height of the other characters waists. Doom engine ftw.

TekWar used the BUILD Engine, not the Doom Engine. BUILD was used in Duke Nukem 3D and in Blood, among lots of other games of varying quality (Duke Nukem 3D and Blood are great, but TekWar and Witchaven not so).

Still, the TekWar source was "leaked" and I believe it is still available, if anyone programming-savvy wants to make it better. Smile

Here´s a page with good information on the BUILD games:
The Build Games
05-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Find