Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I promise I'm not a noob - Can't install Penumbra Collection
jubbathehutt Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago I promise I'm not a noob - Can't install Penumbra Collection

To Whom It May Concern,

I recently purchased the Penumbra Collection directly through the Frictional Games store. After initiating the download, I went to run the application embedded in the .zip file to begin the installation of the game.

I am able to choose the directory just fine, but when I actually being to install the game, it asks for the directory of the cd. Obviously I purchased and downloaded his game digitally, and have no cd. The only files in the folder are .bin and .vlc and I don't believe I can "mount" either one of these for use of an image drive.

Would someone be so kind as to hold my hand ( Big Grin ) and walk me through the installation process for this collection?

Thank You.

Note: For future downloads, I might suggest Frictional adding a "download instructions" text file to their games, or posting this in the FAQ section...
05-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: I promise I'm not a noob - Can't install Penumbra Collection

Not sure what the problem you are experiencing is. You download the .zip, unzip it and then run the installer (.exe) which works pretty much like any other installer.
05-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Website Find
jubbathehutt Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: I promise I'm not a noob - Can't install Penumbra Collection

(05-06-2010, 09:15 PM)jens Wrote: Not sure what the problem you are experiencing is. You download the .zip, unzip it and then run the installer (.exe) which works pretty much like any other installer.

Edit: It seems that I finally got it to install, after I chose to run the application as an "admin"...

Thanks
05-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Are you sure you unzip both files? The exe and the bin and that you unzip them to the same folder? so that when you run the exe it will find the bin file (which contains all the game files).
05-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Website Find