Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Random Crash Problem: Fixed Exe Available (Feedback wanted)
zhra Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Random Crash Problem: Fixed Exe Available (Feedback wanted)

Fixed the problem for me. Thank you.
11-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Find
seldric Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Random Crash Problem: Fixed Exe Available (Feedback wanted)

I registered just so I can download the fix 2 executable in the first post.

I had this problem: 2) A crash that happens when opening a door leading a new level by using a crowbar in the incinerator level.

I obtained the game from steam last night (no old saves as mentioned in another thread). This is my first time playing the game.

I purchased the combo pack that has overture, black plague, and requiem.

The first executable does not fix the problem, but the second one worked.

Could this fix please be made available on steam as a patch?

edit: This is the *only* place I have crashed so far. The game has been stable except for this door near the Incinerator room.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2010, 09:10 PM by seldric.)
11-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Find
Dongra Offline

(11-07-2010, 09:07 PM)seldric Wrote: I registered just so I can download the fix 2 executable in the first post.

I had this problem: 2) A crash that happens when opening a door leading a new level by using a crowbar in the incinerator level.

I obtained the game from steam last night (no old saves as mentioned in another thread). This is my first time playing the game.

edit: This is the *only* place I have crashed so far. The game has been stable except for this door near the Incinerator room.
I experienced the same problem and fixed it the same way as you. Oddly enough, I did not have this problem the last time I played this game which was roughly a year ago. I don't know what could have possibly changed to have created this problem but I am glad it can be fixed. Hopefully, I will not run into any new problems in Black Plague or Requiem, as I plan to play them next.
11-08-2010, 01:48 AM
Find
Monkeyballs25 Offline

Yes the 2nd exe worked for me. And please get this updated on Steam as soon as possible, for the sake of all your new fans you got thanks to the brilliant Amnesia : Dark Descent. The crash really ruined the flow of an otherwise excellent game.
11-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Find
boris59 Offline

(11-07-2010, 09:07 PM)seldric Wrote: ...

Exactly the same here: Please make this a patch (some day). For now I'll happily move on to episode 2 Cool

cheers, boris
11-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Find
LordGurciullo Offline

I encountered the same bug. I began playing Penumbra AFTER I played and loved AMNESIA. With your wonderful fix I finished Overture, and I am now downloading from steam the next chapter in Penumbra.

Thanks again.

PC Gaming Forever!

It was the 2nd exe that worked btw. Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2010, 12:11 PM by LordGurciullo.)
12-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Closing the thread as a fix has been created and will be pushed out on Steam in the coming week(s). While waiting for it, using the 2nd exe in the original post will fix the problem.
12-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Website Find