Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Overture reverts to desktop after loading screen
jerryrs Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Penumbra Overture reverts to desktop after loading screen

Hi, I recently purchased the Penumbra Collection and tried running Penumbra Overture. Once I start the game I get the loading screen and then the game reverts to the desktop while it is still running in the background. I hear the typing at the opening of the game but when I keep trying to click on the game it reverts right back to the desktop.

I am running windows 7 and have a Nvidia Geforce 9500GT with the latest drivers installed. Do I need to run the game in Xp or Vista compatibility mode or something?
05-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Penumbra Overture reverts to desktop after loading screen

It is probably that it does not like the screen settings, if you open the default_settings.cfg file with a text editor you can change FullScreen to false or you can change the width="800" and height="600" to something higher, I thin the drivers for windows only support as low as 1024 768.

You find the file in installations directory/redist/config/
05-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Website Find
jerryrs Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Penumbra Overture reverts to desktop after loading screen

(05-14-2010, 06:26 PM)jens Wrote: It is probably that it does not like the screen settings, if you open the default_settings.cfg file with a text editor you can change FullScreen to false or you can change the width="800" and height="600" to something higher, I thin the drivers for windows only support as low as 1024 768.

You find the file in installations directory/redist/config/

This seemed to work. Thanks!
05-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Find