Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I really need help with the Amnesia dark decent custom story editor.
sycon senti Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago I really need help with the Amnesia dark decent custom story editor.

When I first tried starting it, I was missing 11 dll files. so I installed them, but attempting to run any editors results in the error:
The procedure entry point SDL_GetWMInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Amnesia The Dark Descent\editor\LevelEditor.exe
Does anyone know that this means or what is wrong? I've tried google but nothing is coming up that helps. Thanks for any help in advance.
12-05-2015, 11:19 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: I really need help with the Amnesia dark decent custom story editor.

Where is your game from?

And where did you get the Level Editor from?

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-05-2015, 12:53 PM
Find
sycon senti Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: I really need help with the Amnesia dark decent custom story editor.

(12-05-2015, 12:53 PM)Romulator Wrote: Where is your game from?

And where did you get the Level Editor from?

I got my game off steam and the level editor off here:
https://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tools/start
12-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Since the game is already updated to 1.3.1, then you should have downloaded the 1.3 tools (which I believe are at the very top of that page).

Did you place all the contents of the .zip into the correct spot (Which should be C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/)? That includes the editor and viewer folders.

Have you tried a Steam Integrity Check?
  • Right-Click the game in your Steam library
  • Click "Properties"
  • Navigate to "Local Files" tab
  • Click "Verify integrity of game cache"

If there are any properly missing .dlls from the core game, that should fix that.

12-06-2015, 03:54 AM
Find
sycon senti Offline

(12-06-2015, 03:54 AM)Romulator Wrote: Since the game is already updated to 1.3.1, then you should have downloaded the 1.3 tools (which I believe are at the very top of that page).

Did you place all the contents of the .zip into the correct spot (Which should be C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/)? That includes the editor and viewer folders.

Have you tried a Steam Integrity Check?
  • Right-Click the game in your Steam library
  • Click "Properties"
  • Navigate to "Local Files" tab
  • Click "Verify integrity of game cache"

If there are any properly missing .dlls from the core game, that should fix that.

This worked! Thanks so much for your help!
12-06-2015, 10:03 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

No problem! Have fun with your custom story development! Big Grin

If you have any more questions about developing Custom Stories, please post them in the Development Support sub-forum here: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-39.html

Locking thread Smile

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015, 01:16 PM by Romulator.)
12-06-2015, 01:14 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.