Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request Custom Stories
Chill Fam Offline

Threads: 1
Custom Stories

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping with a custom story. So if you are interested please respond ASAP. Hopefully there will be someone who steps up and wants to help.

- Chill Fam[/size]
12-06-2015, 04:07 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Custom Stories

What do you need help with?
Who are the kind of people you're looking for?
Have you started on the project?
Are there any others involved before inviting us to work on it?
What can you tell us about it?
Have you previously worked on any Custom Stories? Which one(s) if so?

Keep in mind, people are starting to migrate to SOMA for their custom story making. While I'm sure there are people still interested to work in Amnesia's Engine, you need to encourage them to help on your project.

This is a great example of how to ask for teams. It's attractive, detailed and allows users to say something along the lines of "This is interesting. Maybe I could help with this".
https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/post-322346.html

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
12-06-2015, 04:17 AM
Find
DanielRand47 Away

Threads: 16

Another question I might add, is what update version are you using.?1.2 or 1.3. I will tell you that I can write good events for you, but am not so great with level design. Provide more information and I will see if I can make time for it.
12-06-2015, 05:59 AM
Find
Chill Fam Offline

Threads: 1

No I haven't started it
People with good ideas & People that can script
No others involved at this moment in time
A man named George gets stuck in a castle he must find all the parts to exit the castle gateway (Keep in mind there are lots of parts) I am thinking of a cave along with the castle to add extra ambiance.
I have worked on 1 other custom story but they all bailed on me
I need help with possibly more ideas and such as well as helping with the castle design

So what do you guys think?

- Chill Fam

@Daniel147 I am using the latest version of the game
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015, 06:49 AM by Chill Fam.)
12-06-2015, 06:07 AM
Find
DanielRand47 Away

Threads: 16

(12-06-2015, 06:07 AM)Chill Fam Wrote: No I haven't started it
People with good ideas & People that can script
No others involved at this moment in time
A man named George gets stuck in a castle he must find all the parts to exit the castle gateway (Keep in mind there are lots of parts) I am thinking of a cave along with the castle to add extra ambiance.
I have worked on 1 other custom story but they all bailed on me
I need help with possibly more ideas and such as well as helping with the castle design

So what do you guys think?

- Chill Fam

@Daniel147 I am using the latest version of the game

Based on your information, I probably won't be able to. I am working on one myself already. I don't know how you marketed positions to others for previous custom stories, but simply having an idea is not enough to convince others to work with you. My advice is to have a couple images to show that you are working on a CS, a list of positions, and a tentative time frame if you are looking to have a specific release date.

As Romulator suggested, follow this link. I wish you the best.
https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/post-322346.html
12-06-2015, 08:13 PM
Find
André Campana Offline

Threads: 10

(12-06-2015, 04:07 AM)Chill Fam Wrote: Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping with a custom story. So if you are interested please respond ASAP. Hopefully there will be someone who steps up and wants to help.

- Chill Fam[/size]

I can give you a hand, i'm not working in any full time project for now. I can help you with Mapping, Scripting and Sound

[Image: WLYgWF]
12-07-2015, 02:10 AM
Find
Toggle Offline

Threads: 5

I'm just barely learning, but I do have good writing skills and a wealth of ideas that I can communicate to someone who is good at scripting/leveling/sound.
01-25-2016, 04:48 AM
Find