Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Glitch with saw and wood block
TheLauraLee Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Glitch with saw and wood block

In the lead shaft B, when you use the saw to cut through the wood directly behind and blocking the fence door from allowing you into the auxilary shaft, every single time I do this, the saw goes invisible, the wood disappears, and the door won't open. Five second after there's a large boom and the rocks in the shaft appear to be settling, but the door will not open. Also, I don't know if it's related or not, but when attempting to stand directly in front of the door on the fence, it's as though something invisible is blocking your way. You can't stand right in front of it. But yes, at this point, I'm stuck and reduced to trying to saw through a piece of wood that is no longer there, hearing a boom five seconds later, and then nothing. Happens.
05-20-2010, 01:17 AM
Find
NeatNit Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Glitch with saw and wood block

Try grabbing the door in different places. Also, do you try moving while grabbing the door or do you simply push the mouse? You should try moving.
05-20-2010, 01:28 AM
Find
TheLauraLee Offline

Threads: 1

I have indeed tried moving everywhere while pushing the door. Or pulling it. Or strafing with it. I have grabbed it everywhere to no avail. And I've tried reinstalling the game, loading from an earlier save, and nothing works. I'm rather peeved.
05-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Find
NeatNit Offline

Threads: 4

Well, the saw is supposed to be invisible, and the wood is supposed to disappear I believe. So I can only assume this is some sort of user error. (before you jump to conclusions, I am NOT calling you stupid)

But.. One other person said he has the same problem, I think.

Ok, try this. Around you you might find explosives. Pressurized gas canisters, to be more precise. Try making them explode near the door. Hopefully, it just might throw it open Smile
(although I'm not entirely sure if that's coded in)

Otherwise try finding rocks or whatever and throwing them at the door.

Let me sum it up: the door killed your wife.

(PS IIRC you should grab the door on the right side)

Edit: won't work. http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3403.html

Still, you should try it! Smile
05-20-2010, 02:25 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

See if this exe helps:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3328.html

Also try restarting from a save before you ever entered this map.
05-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Find