Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Purchasing Penumbra
Yeraze Offline

Threads: 1
Purchasing Penumbra

Hi, I got Penumbra Overture as part of the humble bundle, and just finished it last night.. FANTASTIC work guys Smile

Anyway, after finally finishing part 1 I have _got_ to see what happens next! The $5 discount has expired (should have read that closer, missed the part about only through the Humble Bundle), and see now that the only option to buy it is the $20 pack, which would give me Overture again (effectively making me buy it twice).

I'm not asking for the $5 discount price (although that would rock), but is there another way to buy it with _some_ discount since I already have the first part?
05-21-2010, 02:03 AM
Find
SHODANFreeman Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Purchasing Penumbra

(05-21-2010, 02:03 AM)Yeraze Wrote: Hi, I got Penumbra Overture as part of the humble bundle, and just finished it last night.. FANTASTIC work guys Smile

Anyway, after finally finishing part 1 I have _got_ to see what happens next! The $5 discount has expired (should have read that closer, missed the part about only through the Humble Bundle), and see now that the only option to buy it is the $20 pack, which would give me Overture again (effectively making me buy it twice).

I'm not asking for the $5 discount price (although that would rock), but is there another way to buy it with _some_ discount since I already have the first part?

You could pick up Penumbra Collection for $9 on Amazon.com, or Black Plague for $5 (although that would not include Requiem.) Or you could grab Penumbra Black Plague Gold on Steam for $15.
05-21-2010, 02:09 AM
Find
Yeraze Offline

Threads: 1

(05-21-2010, 02:09 AM)SHODANFreeman Wrote: You could pick up Penumbra Collection for $9 on Amazon.com, or Black Plague for $5 (although that would not include Requiem.) Or you could grab Penumbra Black Plague Gold on Steam for $15.

Interesting, didn't know it was on Amazon, although I really would like Digital Download and I'm on a Mac (I only see Windows Versions). Plus, I'ld really like to give the devs the chance to get the full 100%, rather than whatever slice Amazon gives them.
05-21-2010, 02:15 AM
Find
SHODANFreeman Offline

Threads: 15

(05-21-2010, 02:15 AM)Yeraze Wrote: Interesting, didn't know it was on Amazon, although I really would like Digital Download and I'm on a Mac (I only see Windows Versions). Plus, I'ld really like to give the devs the chance to get the full 100%, rather than whatever slice Amazon gives them.

Smile

If you're on Mac, you'd have to buy direct at the moment, as far as I know. (Well, Macgamestore, Mac Games Arcade and Gamer's Gate sell them, but at the same price, so you'd be better off buying direct anyway)

Theoretically, Frictional could add the Mac versions to Steam, but I have no idea what the logistics of that are.

Another option might be Crossover Games, but I've no clue about anything of that nature, nor if Penumbra would even work with it.

I am useless beyond the info I've already provided. Blush
05-21-2010, 02:31 AM
Find