Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

About documentation
brendel Offline

Threads: 1
About documentation

Hello,

First, thanks to realease the code of the game and the engine.
I have read that there is no documentation yet for the engine, so i want to know how did you (the developpers of penombra) do to use the engeine? Juste with the code? Hard work without specifications. So you should know very well the code and maybe could give a great help to thepeople who make the doc.

Sorry for my poor english,

Brendel
06-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
RE: About documentation

There is some documentation here http://mod.frictionalgames.com that might be useful.
06-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Website Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31

brendel, do recall that the engine was written for Penumbra Overture.. So in essence anytime we needed some functionality it was written in the engine.. and the Classes and methods of the classes are fairly explanatory. And of course there is always the code of the Penumbra Overture game to show how the engine can be used..

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
06-05-2010, 02:14 AM
Website Find
gameengineer Offline

Threads: 0

Great source code so far by the way. I just thought I'd reply in here rather than starting a new thread. A lot of thought and effort went into the HPL game engine. Haven't gotten it to compile yet but still working on it. Actually that's not true. I did get it (Prenumbra game project) to compile but linking is giving an error.

Steve
06-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Find