Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what is the purpose of the machine ?
vnlaodong Offline

Threads: 1
So what is the purpose of the machine ?

So i have just finished the game and i have read almost all of the notes, but i still don't get it.

What is the real purpose of the machine?
12-15-2015, 07:26 PM
Find
SlackerinDeNile Offline

Threads: 7
RE: So what is the purpose of the machine ?

To bring about world peace by merging humans with pig corpses or something, I have no idea what the reasoning behind it is supposed to be.
12-16-2015, 12:04 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I believe it was meant to purge the swine of the world. In other words, the bad people. The rich, the corporate.

12-16-2015, 03:04 AM
Find
Lazoriss Offline

Threads: 2

The machine was possessed by some ancient bloodthirsty Mayan God from the Orb Oswald brought back from Mexico. (It also gets merged with some of Mandus' own personality at some point or something idk). It manipulates Oswald into killing his own children and re-purposing the butcher factory for mass slaughter. Because feeding on massive amounts of blood is what old Mayan Gods do, I guess.

Oswald is under the impression that he's doing good and "saving" everyone while creating a new race of pig people. But the pig men were only to serve the machine and the people were just being senselessly killed to feed the Orb/Machine blood.

(but that's just a theory!)
12-25-2015, 01:12 AM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

A GAME THEORY!
12-25-2015, 11:31 AM
Find
SlackerinDeNile Offline

Threads: 7

(12-25-2015, 01:12 AM)Lazoriss Wrote: The machine was possessed by some ancient bloodthirsty Mayan God from the Orb Oswald brought back from Mexico. (It also gets merged with some of Mandus' own personality at some point or something idk). It manipulates Oswald into killing his own children and re-purposing the butcher factory for mass slaughter. Because feeding on massive amounts of blood is what old Mayan Gods do, I guess.

Oswald is under the impression that he's doing good and "saving" everyone while creating a new race of pig people. But the pig men were only to serve the machine and the people were just being senselessly killed to feed the Orb/Machine blood.

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"
06-03-2016, 09:37 PM
Find
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20

(12-25-2015, 11:31 AM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote: A GAME THEORY!

06-04-2016, 12:38 PM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

This thread is a proof. A proof that Machine for Pigs was written in a very unclear way, which resulted in everyone barely understanding anything.

I didn't get it as well - but from what I understood, Mandus' evil alter-ego wants to make a new race by combining people with pigs, which is supposed to purge the world from misery. For some reason.

06-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(06-04-2016, 05:18 PM)Darkfire Wrote: This thread is a proof. A proof that Machine for Pigs was written in a very unclear way, which resulted in everyone barely understanding anything.

I didn't get it as well - but from what I understood, Mandus' evil alter-ego wants to make a new race by combining people with pigs, which is supposed to purge the world from misery. For some reason.

Errr, I haven't heard anything about Mandus trying to combine pigs with humans - he wanted to save the world by sacrifices. The ending explains it well

Edit: oh, yeah. Seems like I forgot about one minor detail - manpigs.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2016, 01:01 AM by Slanderous.)
06-05-2016, 12:59 AM
Find
Darkfire Offline

Threads: 22

Yeah, in the ending there was a lot of explaining. I think for me the meaning was lost in the ornate 19th century English. Should have played with a translation. Which I might do, but to be honest the only reason I would come back to MFP is good mapping, which isn't that strong of a reason.

06-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Find