Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Best way of killing dogs
hiyatran Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Best way of killing dogs

(06-17-2010, 01:44 AM)nofsky Wrote: Sitting on a box always felt a bit like cheating to me so I avoided it. I like the "right-click throw a barrel in their face repeatedly" tactic better Smile
Wow, this actually works. who knew.
07-09-2010, 03:06 AM
Website Find
Peanuckle Offline

Threads: 4

(07-08-2010, 07:20 PM)SHODANFreeman Wrote:
(07-08-2010, 04:52 PM)Kodiak Wrote: No one mentioned the steam cages? I felt like a ninja when I used them.

I just wish you could drag the dogs around a bit after stunning them, so you barricade them into small rooms.

Aren't you supposed to just throw meat into them and let the dogs walk in?

so THAT'S how you do it.

I lured them in with my own body, smacked them down with the axe. then ran around and hit the lever.

Only did it once or twice before I got tired of the effort and went back to fighting them on the ground like a man. Killed every dog I found. And several spiders.

Wish I could've fought the giant worm too.
12-31-2010, 09:00 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

I started out going through the game without attempting to fight until one of the dog/wolf things spotted me and I narrowly escaped by jumping on a box. Only then did I proceed to swing on it, but it was very hard to land any hits on it, and it took almost ten minutes to kill one. I'd rather not kill them via melee unless I have to as it's too time consuming. Now afterwards, I did try to get into a ground war with one...that did not go so well. With a much higher rate of attack than me, and being a more mobile target, it is almost impossible to hit while you are under attack. I couldn't land a single blow on it before being killed (though I do find the swinging function in this game kinda screwy anyway...>:/). My second dog/wolf though I killed by sneaking up on it with dynamite. Tongue However, I had to negate this by reloading so I could save my dynamite for those damned spiders...

A few times now I have also tried lighting the propane tanks and chucking them at dogs. I haven't quite perfected the timing yet. I've failed to kill any with this method but I have injured a couple and bought time to run.
Also, whoever said something about you sprinting faster than the dogs is just wrong...the only reason you might be able to get away is because for one it probably spots you from a good distance away, in which time you've turned down another corridor and maneuvered around the map, effectively losing it. I tried running from one once that spotted me about fifteen feet away. We both started running about the same time. I even knew where I was headed, and that was an exit to a different room. It caught up to me and took me down. My point is, while it is possible to actually lose the dogs through twists and turns, it's not possible to actually out sprint them if say you were fleeing down an endless straightaway.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2011, 08:23 AM by gandalf91.)
03-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

You will need 3 barrels, place them on top of eachother and then hit em with your p axe
Or use dynamite

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
06-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Find