Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
amnesia the dark descent and amnesia justine stays frozen at the loading screen
frechdachs971 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago amnesia the dark descent and amnesia justine stays frozen at the loading screen

hello everybody, here is brandn trantham and my username is frechdachs971 and i have a problem right now and that problem is this, when i brought amnesia the dark descent on steam, it worked earlier without any problems or any sudden crashes or any sudden freezes, but now, since 3 or 4 days ago, it's not working anymore, because it keeps on freezing on the loading screen and it won't go any further anymore, i even checked in the troubleshoot guide at problem B and that didn't help, can somebody help me with this, thank you. here is the attachment of the hpl file.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 6.46 KB / Downloads: 108)
01-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: amnesia the dark descent and amnesia justine stays frozen at the loading screen

Check Problem G of the troubleshooting guide.
01-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Find
frechdachs971 Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: amnesia the dark descent and amnesia justine stays frozen at the loading screen

ok, i will try that out, but before i will do that, i have 3 questions, what are the dpi settings, where can i find it and what does it do? thank you if you're gonna answer to these 3 questions, thank you.
01-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

DPI are the "Dots Per Inch" scale. If it's >100%, Amnesia does not scale properly. It more or less relates to increasing the size of certain images and options on screen for accessibility reasons.

You can find some information about how to perform those tasks here:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443...hange.html

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
01-06-2016, 12:04 AM
Find
frechdachs971 Offline

hello everybody, it's me again, Brandon Trantham and i have some bad news and these bad news is this: i tried out the solution from problem G, but it did not work, i just don't understand, why won't amnesia work on my laptop again like earlier before all of this happened, can somebody give me another solution to fix this, here are 2 new copies with these 2 new logs that i copied from the original one, the reason why i did that is because, i did that just for safety, and i did that to show you people the log, the one when i tried the solution from problem G, and the one after i tried the solution, but it failed, can somebody help me, thank you.

Attached Files
.txt   hpl log.txt (Size: 3.51 KB / Downloads: 80)
.txt   hpl log 2.txt (Size: 2.85 KB / Downloads: 92)
01-06-2016, 01:11 AM
Find
frechdachs971 Offline

hello everybody, here is brandon trantham again and guess what, i have finally found out the problem, causing the game to freeze on the loading screen, the real problem was: which graphic card is being used, which resolution is set on launcher and the use of the fullscreen mode, all i need to do is: change the graphic card to nvidia geforce graphic card, make the resolution a bit smaller and turn off the full screen mode, then, when i tested out, it really actually worked, that means that this problem has been solved, but i will still say, thank you people for still helping me and giving me tips of what i need to do to fix it, i really appreciate it, thank you, all of you people, thank you very much, the problem has now been solved, bye bye.
01-08-2016, 10:52 PM
Find