Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Can we ever get a Mac OS 10.10 compatibility update for level editor?
xScar Offline

Threads: 1
Can we ever get a Mac OS 10.10 compatibility update for level editor?

Are we ever going to get an update for Mac OSX yosemite/ el capitan? yosemite released in 2014 for gods sake, if you dont know what im talking about its a problem with the editors, you cant launch them you just get the message "FATAL ERROR: Could not load vertex buffer from mesh 'core_box.dae'" its very annoying since i have yosemite on my macbook pro and need to use it. I understand FG is working on new games (presumabley) but it would be very nice if they just put out a hotfix for this fatal error. Anyways, i heard there was a workaround for this error, if you could be kind enough to post it here or link me to the workaround that would be greatly appreciated! thanks

~xScar
01-11-2016, 07:01 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Can we ever get a Mac OS 10.10 compatibility update for level editor?

This is actually an issue on Mavericks as well. That's where it originated, which caused me to go back to Mountain Lion myself. I agree they should definitely look into it. I imagine that if Windows 10 had the same incompatiblity, it would be fixed shortly after the OS release. Unfortunately Mac doesn't have that luxury of priority.

I don't know how difficult it is for them to fix it. If it's a big change needed, then I can understand it would take time (well, not this much time, but at least some), but I kinda suspect it being something relatively small, perhaps obscure, but that they haven't really looked at it at all yet.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2016, 11:16 AM by Mudbill.)
01-11-2016, 11:14 AM
Find
xScar Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Can we ever get a Mac OS 10.10 compatibility update for level editor?

(01-11-2016, 11:14 AM)Mudbill Wrote: This is actually an issue on Mavericks as well. That's where it originated, which caused me to go back to Mountain Lion myself. I agree they should definitely look into it. I imagine that if Windows 10 had the same incompatiblity, it would be fixed shortly after the OS release. Unfortunately Mac doesn't have that luxury of priority.

I don't know how difficult it is for them to fix it. If it's a big change needed, then I can understand it would take time (well, not this much time, but at least some), but I kinda suspect it being something relatively small, perhaps obscure, but that they haven't really looked at it at all yet.

ive seen you on youtube
01-12-2016, 02:56 AM
Find