Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I have no alcohol - Help!
StSaint Offline

Threads: 1
I have no alcohol - Help!

Okay so i'm in Black Plague, at the point where you're outside and must set light to the barrels to blow a hole in the snow, and i've put the cloth into the barrel, and it won't light. Now I know the walkthroughs i've seen all say I need to use the Alcohol on the cloth, but one issue: I HAVE NO ALCOHOL. I know there was alcohol at the start of the game, when I used it on the syringe, but after that it disappeared, and as far as i'm aware that's the only one you get. Can you help me? Please hurry, i'm really enjoying this game and i'd hate something like this to break my stride with it.
08-09-2010, 07:30 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: I have no alcohol - Help!

Have you visited the shop nearby the blizzard?
They trade one bottle of alcohol for one coin.

Just kidding! It's probably some bug, I think you need to download earlier save game where you still have the alcohol.

08-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Website Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

You should still have it, are you sure you didn't just overlook it in your inventory? If not you'll probably have to load an earlier save.

Or you could try editing your savegame, it's just a plain text XML file. Look for the alcohol in an earlier save and copy/paste it into the save file. Not sure how well this works, though, I've never tried it myself.
08-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Find
PrinceCola Offline

Threads: 8

I lolled at the title: I have no Alcohol! help! ROFL
Hehe
08-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Find
SHODANFreeman Offline

Threads: 15

(08-09-2010, 07:21 PM)nofsky Wrote: You should still have it, are you sure you didn't just overlook it in your inventory? If not you'll probably have to load an earlier save.

Or you could try editing your savegame, it's just a plain text XML file. Look for the alcohol in an earlier save and copy/paste it into the save file. Not sure how well this works, though, I've never tried it myself.

You have to edit more than just one blob of text in there, I've done it but it takes a little bit of know-how. Wink
08-10-2010, 04:31 AM
Find