Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Movies............
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Movies............

Ninth Gate was fairly disappointing. For a suggestion, Primer is a movie that is famous for being difficult to decipher.
10-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Find
Jakob Rosenblatt Offline

Threads: 9

(08-25-2010, 08:59 AM)RoyaleBeast Wrote: Im trying to find movies that make you think in the end or have that HOLY SHIT DIDNT SEE THAT COMING ENDING.

So if anyone knows any good movies like the above then post a comment.

Jacob's Ladder

Jacob's Ladder influenced the creators of the Silent Hill series. Don't read too much about it. Watch it! Wink
10-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Find
nayxand Offline

Threads: 1

Last movies i've seen are Inception and Resident Evil Afterlife, and they're definitely not the same. On one hand, you have a good story, with great casting and a director that has made some nice movies (Batman reboot, Memento...) and on the other hand you have a 3D movie, that is not a movie, only scenes put together, with no transititions, a bad script and a casting that seems to have no feelings. Sad, really sad, because it was Resident Evil, with Silent Hill, that put me in the horrific and terrific worlds...

By the way, i'm about to go seeing Paranormal Activity 2, anyone has already seen it ?

See you
10-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Find
CHANCEPHOENIX Offline

Threads: 5

the quiet earth ....

trailer :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85q6CNo-BRw

?
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2010, 07:39 PM by CHANCEPHOENIX.)
11-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Website Find
Nospheratu Offline

Threads: 1

Playing Amnesia got me longing for more Lovecraftian horror, so i recently ended up renting and watching some horror movies made after his most known stories. Some of them are older and the effects are a bit "silly" from today's cinema standards point of view, but if you like Lovecraft than maybe it will be of relevance if I recommend a few which i liked the most.

The oldest ones are the Re-animator (a triology) which is also pretty funny, From Beyond and The Curse.

Next good ones are The ressurected and Necronomicon, then there is also Bleeders and Dagon.

The closest match to the actual story is The call of Cthulu which was made by an independant group of Lovecraft enthusiasts; it is a black&white silent movie but very well made nevertheless.

I would also recommend Carpenter's In the mouth of madness; although not directly made after a story, it contains a lot of lovecraftian elements and is also quite disturbing Cool

Better to reign in hell than to be a servant in heaven.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2010, 11:53 AM by Nospheratu.)
11-08-2010, 02:23 AM
Find