Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Help With Modding
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Help With Modding

Hey, I like to design games in my spare time. It is a hobby that I like to think that I have become good at. So when I heard Penumbra was going open source, I decided to dive in. Now, I have read through the tutorials (seeing as I am somewhat new to 3D level design) and when I tried to view the box model from the first tutorial, HPL helper came up with an error message saying: "Couldn't load mesh" I tried loading the models that come with the game and they worked perfectly. So I am totally dumbfounded. Any help would be appreciated and I look forward to showing off what I make. (I intend to make an entire game, or close to it.)

PS: Sorry, I was not sure whether to put this in the modding or tech support section...
08-31-2010, 07:53 AM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Help With Modding

I recommend not to try any further, it is difficult to find the correct version of collada needed and depending on what program you use it is not certain it is even available in the correct version.
08-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Website Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Help With Modding

(08-31-2010, 08:20 AM)jens Wrote: I recommend not to try any further, it is difficult to find the correct version of collada needed and depending on what program you use it is not certain it is even available in the correct version.

Wow, It is kind of shocking to see a dev discouraging the modding community as much as I have seen on this forum. But I am sure it is for good reason, I'll just stick to playing with the code then.
08-31-2010, 08:24 AM
Website Find