Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2010-09 Wednesday 8th, Survival horror "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" is Released!
torturedutopian Offline

Threads: 3
RE: 2010-09 Wednesday 8th, Survival horror "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" is Released!

When you think about it, it's crazy ; there's an increasing market of people willing to pay 60€ for industrial and uninspired games while a (not so) tiny team of craftsmen making outstanding games at tiny prices would have some trouble making ends meet.

However... The reviews make me think this shouldn't occur. I would readily buy a few more copies for friends if I had some spare money !

(09-13-2010, 09:30 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(09-11-2010, 03:37 PM)tedy Wrote: Is it true you're in financial dificulties?

It's always true for indie developers.

Ubuntu 10.10 64 bits
09-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: 2010-09 Wednesday 8th, Survival horror "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" is Released!

(09-13-2010, 03:12 PM)torturedutopian Wrote: When you think about it, it's crazy ; there's an increasing market of people willing to pay 60€ for industrial and uninspired games while a (not so) tiny team of craftsmen making outstanding games at tiny prices would have some trouble making ends meet.

Well, one thing I'll say. I'm a developer, in my country. Last month, we had an appointment with one of the publishers. They simply said "this type of games don't get much sales" and refused to support. They clearly wanted one of those trash with some hyper super graphics. And we refused to produce some trash.
So, how am I suppose to live? No income. So I need a job (real Job as Thomas says Big Grin). If I get a job, I won't have enough time to get involved to rest of team. If I won't get involved, how am I suppose to develop anything?

What we can do for Frictional Games is purchasing game and spreading the world. Then we won't have to worry for their financial status. We can discuss their next project.

09-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Website Find