Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released!
RoyaleBeast Offline

Threads: 16
RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released!

Ive been waiting since November last year to play this. Downloading it now
09-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released!

My Demo-Feedback, read this, what i not liked:

There are many differents between Amnesia and penumbra between steering & gameplay.
The mouse intensity is too strong! Its not that what you can change in main menu, if you want to open a door for sth, you only have to move the mouse some millimeters and the door will get fully opened.
I have play the demo to the end, the feeling is great but there are no scary moments. I really had no fear on it. In Penumbra I had fear all the time!
Penumbra had more puzzles too, I think that was better.
The Performance of Amnesia is very low, I have Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTX 275, Windows 7 x64 and I cant play it with maximum settings. Can anyone play the game with 128 SSAO-Filter?
Some Textures have a very low quality.
The Water Horror makes no fun.
The Latern will get empty too fast. Or you get not enough oil for it.
The environment is nice dark but the fog is too bright for it.
In the demo are no physical puzzles.

And here I have a bug found:
[Image: 2qi5qrzr.jpg]
09-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Find
RoyaleBeast Offline

i think the only problem is the mouse (i use a track ball) so i increased it from 1 to 2 and were fine. Ending very instense
09-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Find
CoolKakashi Offline

Threads: 11

(09-03-2010, 07:31 PM)Googolplex Wrote: My Demo-Feedback, read this, what i not liked:

There are many differents between Amnesia and penumbra between steering & gameplay.
The mouse intensity is too strong! Its not that what you can change in main menu, if you want to open a door for sth, you only have to move the mouse some millimeters and the door will get fully opened.
The Performance of Amnesia is very low, I have Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTX 275, Windows 7 x64 and I cant play it with maximum settings. Can anyone play the game with 128 SSAO-Filter?
The Water Horror makes no fun.
The Latern will get empty too fast. Or you get not enough oil for it.
The environment is nice dark but the fog is too bright for it

I picked out some points of you and will say something! Amnesia is a complete new game and the devs wanted to try something new :=) And i like it very much!

I agree with the mouse intensiity. Its to easy to open doors, should be harder to make a feeling like its heavy.

Performance is top, why do you have to play it with 128 SSAO Filter? SSAO is a performance leech monster! Wink My friend has low pc and can play amnesia on max without this SSAO Filter on max, doesnt make the difference!

The Water Horror shouldnt make fun it should scary you like hell! :=)

I dont think the latern run out of oil too fast! Its better like in Penumbra because their you had infinite light with the flashlight or glowstick.

The Fog is maybe a little to bright, but they could make it darker before release^^

In addition to that: I dont like the highlighted objects and the "look there" camera! Wink Love this game cant wait for release and hope our feedback is perceived!

greetz
09-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Yes, I have forgotten to say: The flashed items are not good. I did not like flashed items. Frictional Games should make it optional in game menu!
The look camera is good, then you see that, what should be scary.

Frictional games, please optimize the game a little and fix all bugs.
Release it in Oktober 2010 then or bring out a big patch.
09-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Find
RoyaleBeast Offline

yeah an option like in penumbra to turn highlighted stuff would be nice. but the look there camera i didnt see that. (or maybe i didnt notice it witch makes it good)

First playthorugh in the basement were u see the shadow. i walked into the next room and didnt see the shadow standing in front of the door. the second i did. but i wondered if it was there the first time cause i didnt see it when i looked over there. Is it random or am i blind?

Also first time i went left second i went right but both times i looked at the door were it stands

EDIT: It was there the 3rd time so i guess im blind. Turns out u can actualy watch it walk to the door if u run up to the area were its walking. Once it stops walk as close to the right of the wall as u can till u hit the door then go into the corner its facing. if you do turn on ur lantern if it hasnt dissappeared and u can stare at its face as long as u want. I gotta say THATS FUCKING SCARY LOOKING
09-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Find
Getty Offline

Threads: 0

(09-03-2010, 07:31 PM)Googolplex Wrote: And here I have a bug found:
[Image: 2qi5qrzr.jpg]

You cant post pictures to normal sites? my nod32 screamed when i opened that
09-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Find
xureus Offline

Threads: 1

the demo is awesome. I had expected greatness when I preordered months ago, but it surpassed my expectations 3 times.
I've really enjoyed Penumbra, but telling from the demo Amnesia will be a whole new dimension of horror.

Congratz on completing the game!

EDIT: I encountered no bugs and the performance was top-notch on highest settings (except SSAO on middle) on my rig:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66GHz
Graphics Card: Nvidia 9800GTX+ 512MB DDR3
RAM: 2GB DDR2
09-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Find
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50

YESSSSSSSSSSS THANKYOU FRICTONAL im anticipating playing it right now

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
09-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Find
CoolKakashi Offline

Threads: 11

(09-03-2010, 08:08 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Yes, I have forgotten to say: The flashed items are not good. I did not like flashed items. Frictional Games should make it optional in game menu!
The look camera is good, then you see that, what should be scary.

Frictional games, please optimize the game a little and fix all bugs.
Release it in Oktober 2010 then or bring out a big patch.

Nah Oktober isnt necessary! Wink They can still patch it. But yeah a option for switch highlighting on/off would be best and standard it should be off or maybe on for casual! :=)

And the duck bug in the floor with the steps should be fixed! Wink If you crouched you get more down in the scene and get under the floor! But lets wait and see what happen Big Grin They had to cut out things, so i think guys lets wait until wednesday and unleash the DEMON ^^
09-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Find