Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Demo, first impression
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21
Demo, first impression

Damn, it feels so nice. The control is really great.

One bug: Mouse can not be moved outside game when minimized, while the game is running.

On a side note: My heart is already pounding, and I'm only 2 minutes into the demo Tongue

[Image: 16455.png]
09-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Demo, first impression

Just wait until you get the first part where your insanity falls a part. Wink

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2010, 04:20 PM by Yuhaney.)
09-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Website Find
Texhnolyzed Offline

Threads: 2

I just finished the demo with my girlfriend.

Compared to Penumbra : Black Plague, Amnesia is completely amazing !
Immersion is way better and my girlfriend just got around my back in the dark with some handling torch and going "hh hhhh hhh" just like Daniel when he's scared.
Voices and sounds are fantastic and so are the lights (or lacks of lights maybe Wink).
As somone said somewhere on the forum, the fact of having the hand is very immersive... It put a shape on the character and looks like more to a survival-horror game type.
I found there is a bit of silent hill in it due to the organic red stuff around the walls. That's pretty cool !
Story seems to be cool too, with some kind of schizophrenia or something like this.

I hope to play the game soon and maybe see it published in boxes in France or at least in the US or UK so I can get it. (come on, you know we all want BOXES! - girlfriend speaking)

Frictional Games rocks ! Your game just looks damn amazing Wink

EDIT : sorry I just saw the post about ALL DISCUTIONS ABOUT AMNESIA... sorry for my mistake !
09-03-2010, 11:58 PM
Find
smileybeat Offline

Threads: 1

I've finished this demo too and it's awesome ! I don't regrets having preordered Wink The part in water is rather scary Confused

My computer is not very fast but I'm glad to see it runs very well Big Grin

Thanks Frictional Games for this game Wink
09-04-2010, 02:13 AM
Find
mkultra Offline

Threads: 0

Very atmospheric to play in the middle of the night with headphones Smile I even had a shiver going down my spine at one place, so i'm quite impressed so far.

There are things i don't like though (no game is perfect)

They do know how to make it atmospheric / interesting graphically, but sound wise i find it too cluttered in a way that it gets a bit lame. It would be far more efficient to have a few sounds (where it matters) instead of bomarding you with every horror sound you can possibly imagine (including crying children). The sweeping ambient music gets old very quick, probably something i'll turn off, this would help make the sound at least a little less cluttered..

I'd love to play a game like this but without the scripted feel to it. I think that would help with the "smoke and mirrors"-effect you get when things are too scripted. AI's arent that fearsome if you know it's 100% scripted to be at once place or disabled when you reach a certain point etc. It feels a bit too much like the dev(s) is holding your hand, and that's not something you want in a horror game.

Overall, it's very good though (so far).
09-04-2010, 02:37 AM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21

(09-04-2010, 02:37 AM)mkultra Wrote: It would be far more efficient to have a few sounds (where it matters) instead of bomarding you with every horror sound you can possibly imagine (including crying children).

Dude, then turn on your lantern! You do realize that you her babies crying because you're going insane, right?

[Image: 16455.png]
09-04-2010, 04:57 AM
Find