Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

All Amnesia demo discussion HERE
thiz Offline

Threads: 7
RE: All Amnesia demo discussion HERE

I played the Demo and i have to say that this is the scariest Survival Horror game i've ever played (and i played alot). I have one question though. Is it possible that the monster walking around in the Demo attacks you? Or is it gone after you saw it?
09-06-2010, 01:11 AM
Find
NGW Offline

Threads: 13

You can walk right up to it right after it appears, it just vanishes in smoke/ash.

[Image: ngweyesigcopy.jpg]
09-06-2010, 01:58 AM
Find
gruesday Offline

Threads: 0

I play most of the demo and liked it very much. I can't say I have any complaints. It certainly made me uneasy. I noticed that if you stray from the path Daniel says things that, as far as I know, he does not say if you stay on the correct path. It was eerie.

I'm looking forward to downloading my copy this Wednesday. Smile I'm also a little scared.
09-06-2010, 01:58 AM
Website Find
thiz Offline

Threads: 7

How do i open the portcullis by the way? I'm throwing my mouse around but i cant figure out what turns the wheel right and what turns it left? It looks so easy on a video but for me it doesnt work.
09-06-2010, 03:52 AM
Find
gap Offline

Threads: 1

I played the demo. What a great game!

But. The wheels (valves) are ridiculously hard to operate. I am talking about the two wheels: the wooden one in the pulley room, and the metal one at the end of the demo.

I didn't see other complaints about it on this thread, so I wonder if it's a problem that only affects the Linux version, which I've played.

Anyways, I'm standing there moving my mouse in circular motions small and large, quick and slow, crouching, trying different angles, and nothing works. I did manage to turn the wheels once or twice, but it literally took minutes of struggle. Quite a mood breaker.

Is there some trick that I'm not aware of? Are there many such wheels in the game?
09-06-2010, 04:00 AM
Find
PerfectBlue Offline

Threads: 12

@Gap,

It should be as simple as rotating your mouse in a clockwise manner. I have not personally experienced that issue.
09-06-2010, 04:11 AM
Find
gap Offline

Threads: 1

PerfectBlue, did you play the Linux version?
09-06-2010, 04:23 AM
Find
MassacrMan Offline

Threads: 3

Question, if Daniel chose to drink the amnesia potion. Why was he frantically trying not to forget things like his name and where was from, and that he must stop Alexander. Isn't that what the letter you find is for?

I'm thinking it was just a spur of the moment thing and he was freaking out about what the potion was doing to him.
09-06-2010, 06:23 AM
Find
superluser Offline

(09-06-2010, 06:23 AM)MassacrMan Wrote: Question, if Daniel chose to drink the amnesia potion. Why was he frantically trying not to forget things like his name and where was from, and that he must stop Alexander. Isn't that what the letter you find is for?

A.) It could be that Daniel is unsure of whether he can count on finding the letter
B.) Daniel may think that it's important that this remains in working memory, not simply referred to.
C.) Combining the previous two, Daniel may be concerned that the letter might be compromised. Keeping the important elements in memory may act as a sort of validation that what he wrote is accurate.

or

D.) Daniel may have forgotten that he wrote the letter
09-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Find
MassacrMan Offline

(09-06-2010, 06:54 AM)superluser Wrote:
(09-06-2010, 06:23 AM)MassacrMan Wrote: Question, if Daniel chose to drink the amnesia potion. Why was he frantically trying not to forget things like his name and where was from, and that he must stop Alexander. Isn't that what the letter you find is for?

A.) It could be that Daniel is unsure of whether he can count on finding the letter
B.) Daniel may think that it's important that this remains in working memory, not simply referred to.
C.) Combining the previous two, Daniel may be concerned that the letter might be compromised. Keeping the important elements in memory may act as a sort of validation that what he wrote is accurate.

or

D.) Daniel may have forgotten that he wrote the letter

Very good analysis, I didn't even consider that he had forgotten about the letter due to the amnesia potion. But, I think that any of A-D are good posibilities.

What I really want to know, is why he chose to take the amnesia potion in the first place. Or what forced him to, he obviously had a good understanding of "the shadow" as he said he has tried numerous times to fight it and it cannot be beaten. So how would forgetting all knowledge of "the shadow" be a good thing for him, isn't knowing your enemy a smart strategy?
09-06-2010, 07:48 AM
Find