Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing the demo upsidedown
likemore Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Playing the demo upsidedown

Hey all. I am having some problems with the demo atm. I have finished it but it was hard to do though playing like the last half upside down. When i started the game, everything was fine. I can move, it wasn't playing upside down and i could do everything in the game. The one problem though and idk if anyone else has this is the light and shadows are flickering whenever i move and idk if anyone else has this problem but i wanted to get that out as well. My main problem which I stated is playing the game upside down. It started happening when i reached the next area in the game where Daniel remembers something from his past. Anyone know a solution to this?

Just incase my Graphics Card is Ati Radeon 2600 XT and i am pretty sure its compatible with the game as most of the games i played don't say that card but they run just fine including the demo. I am pretty sure it ain't a graphic card problem but i will post that incase you need it. Let me know if you need anything else to help me.
Sry forgot to include this but i run Windows Vista home premium 32-bit version. If need be i will include the rest of my system.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2010, 05:53 PM by likemore.)
09-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Playing the demo upsidedown

First, try updating your drivers. Download new drivers (from ati), uninstall current driver, reboot and install new ones.

See if that helps.

If not, we need to investigate further!
09-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Find
likemore Offline

Threads: 1

(09-03-2010, 06:01 PM)Thomas Wrote: First, try updating your drivers. Download new drivers (from ati), uninstall current driver, reboot and install new ones.

See if that helps.

Thanks for replying. I will try to see if that will solve it but if it doesn't, i have to revert back because my Control center doesn't support any updates i do to my driver. (idk why) If it does then i will let you know.
(09-03-2010, 06:01 PM)Thomas Wrote: First, try updating your drivers. Download new drivers (from ati), uninstall current driver, reboot and install new ones.

See if that helps.

YAY. It works now. No flickering lights and the game plays normally with it having to flip upsidedown. Don't know what i will about my control center though. I couldn't use the site though to update my driver card as I can't find it on the drop down list and when i try to use one of the updates, i get the installation failed problem. So i had to go to device properties to update it. Anyways, thanks for the help.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2010, 06:20 PM by likemore.)
09-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Find
Fox Offline

Threads: 0

See if that helps.

I have the same problem also?

update my drivers for what??
i'm a confused cookie

Thanks
01-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Find
mikael Offline

Threads: 2

Fox, they are talking about the drivers for your graphic card. So, if you have the same kind of card, go to ATI's webpage and look for the latest drivers.
01-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Find
Fox Offline

Threads: 0

(01-07-2011, 09:03 AM)mikael Wrote: Fox, they are talking about the drivers for your graphic card. So, if you have the same kind of card, go to ATI's webpage and look for the latest drivers.

yeah its ok, have worked it all out since last post and updated drivers for my graphics, all working fine now Smile
01-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Find