Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demo - unusual graphics problem
Bescio Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Demo - unusual graphics problem

This is the solution to install the latest ATI WinXP Reference Drivers on HP6735s and other notebooks with the same chipset.

google translated:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/t...TxGzLpmyFw

sorry for the bad english...Blush
09-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Find
Drumsfellow Offline

Threads: 1

Cyborg34572 and Bescio, thanks for your suggestions.

I've tried both of them, but it didn't work. I run the setup, and it just installs the ATI Install Manager, I click Finish, and nothing else happens. No drivers are installed, and neither is the Catalyst Control Center.
What's supposed to happen after the Install Manager is finished installing?

I'm pretty sure I deleted all of the old drivers (I used Driver Cleaner, and also deleted an ATI folder which didn't want to go away; I don't get any more errors regarding the Catalyst Control Center not being able to open, but I still can't install the drivers).
I've also tried Mobility Modder and had no succes. I really don't know what to try anymore.
09-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Find
Cyborg34572 Offline

When installing drivers it should first extract the driver into c:/ATI/SUPPORT then the installation will start automaticaly. Maybe its not starting for you automaticaly so go to c:/ATI/SUPPORT/(Driver folder) and manualy click on setup.exe and see if it starts the installation.

If that doesnt work then maybe your base drivers are non existent. I remember uninstalling my drivers wrong before, As a result i coudnt install newer drivers, it woudnt stick, it would say its install but i cant get any higher resolutions and such so i know it never did install. I had to go to my laptops website and download its base/original VC drivers, after that i was able to install ati drivers just fine. So you should go to your laptops website, find your laptops model and download its VC drivers that was installed with it out of the box.
09-07-2010, 02:55 AM
Find
MartyrShu Offline

Threads: 2

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem as was mentioned in the first post. I've updated my drivers (uninstalled, restarted, and installed) and still nothing. It's a shame, really, since I have Amnesia pre-ordered. Hope it gets sorted out.

(09-04-2010, 10:08 PM)Thomas Wrote: As far as I can see, this problem only affects users Win XP 32 bit. Is this correct? (if not would be nice if someone replied in this thread).

I have Windows Vista 64 bit.
09-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

MartyrShu:
Did you try A.1.4?
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3754.html
09-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Find
Drumsfellow Offline

(09-07-2010, 02:55 AM)Cyborg34572 Wrote: When installing drivers it should first extract the driver into c:/ATI/SUPPORT then the installation will start automaticaly. Maybe its not starting for you automaticaly so go to c:/ATI/SUPPORT/(Driver folder) and manualy click on setup.exe and see if it starts the installation.
The installation starts normally, and it installs the ATI Install Manager, but nothing happens after that. No drivers are installed, and neither is the Catalyst Control Center.

(09-07-2010, 02:55 AM)Cyborg34572 Wrote: If that doesnt work then maybe your base drivers are non existent. I remember uninstalling my drivers wrong before, As a result i coudnt install newer drivers, it woudnt stick, it would say its install but i cant get any higher resolutions and such so i know it never did install. I had to go to my laptops website and download its base/original VC drivers, after that i was able to install ati drivers just fine. So you should go to your laptops website, find your laptops model and download its VC drivers that was installed with it out of the box.
You mean these drivers: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Tec...1093#11360 ?

I have them installed right now, because they're the only drivers I can get to work properly.
09-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Find
MartyrShu Offline

(09-07-2010, 10:05 AM)Thomas Wrote: MartyrShu:
Did you try A.1.4?
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3754.html

I'm on a CPU.
09-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Find
Drumsfellow Offline

I've managed to install Windows 7 (Ultimate, 32 bit), so I was able to download and install these drivers:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...n7-32.aspx

These are Mobility drivers, which support the ATI Moblility Radeon HD 3200, so there was no problem with installing them on my laptop.

The game works great now (although I can't run it on high settings, my laptop not being very new). I'm going to play around a bit in the demo, and will be buying the game soon. Smile

Thanks everyone for your help, off I go to be scared shitless. Big Grin
09-09-2010, 12:24 AM
Find
MartyrShu Offline

I'm happy for ya but this still doesn't solve my problem. :/

This problem is still present in the full version, too.
09-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Find
MartyrShu Offline

Anyone have a solution for me?

[Image: 1iee0j.gif]
09-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Find