Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

HELP US! Please click som links and help promote the game! (updated: 9th Sept 2010)
KaOss Offline

Threads: 0
RE: HELP US! Please click som links and help promote the game! (updated: 9th Sept 2010)

Hi,

I just read the article about funding your games Carolina has linked to.
It has been very informative and as I love the Penumbra Series would like to support you further.
My key problem: I HATE (and refuse) buying downloads. Not just because I want a box; I also do not want to share my bank/credit card details online.
Luckily my girlfriend is an Amazon fan - so she bought Penumbra Overture and BP at Amazon for me ;-).

Regarding the article, I was wondering how financing boxed versions work... Will you get a decent share when I buy a boxed version or has this already been paid when producing / delivering to the vendor? What I mean is, when I buy the Penumbra Collection at Amazon (unfortunately Requiem is not available stand-alone) I would re-buy 2 parts of the series to get Requiem -- but that would be fine for me if I knew that not just the publisher would win......

And a follow-up question: I did not spot any info regarding a publisher for Amnesia in Europe -- any news on that?

Regards
Ozz

Btw: I always use the nick "Ozz" in forums... but the admin here won't let me... no clue why....
Me again...

Searching the net for infos regarding a boxed version of Amnesia I read your newest blog and was very concerned regarding the sales of Amnesia. Even more scary as you even consider doing "a less niche title" next!!
I am wondering whether one of the reasons for sales being below expectations might be people like me waiting for the box? Or were the sales of Penumbra primarily download versions?

Regards
Ozz
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2010, 11:31 AM by KaOss.)
09-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Find
Oblidor Offline

Threads: 2
RE: HELP US! Please click som links and help promote the game! (updated: 9th Sept 2010)

(09-09-2010, 10:35 PM)helmcken Wrote: Thanks very much to Frictional Games for sending me the email notifying me of the release of Amnesia:the Dark Descent! Am downloading both demos now to play, but already know I am buying it! Just want to see whether I need the Linux/Ubuntu version or the Windoze copy (since I have both OS in a dual bootloader config) on my laptop HP pavilion!! Please keep making games. After the Thief series, this is my favourite, bumping Tomb Raider to third place!

If you buy the Linux copy you are also entitled to the Windows copy.
09-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Find
Deu sex Offline

Threads: 26

I will speak about it on moders communities, like the stalker one (who is quite big) and black mesa.
lol ^^ already done on black mesa community ^^
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2010, 12:20 AM by Deu sex.)
09-16-2010, 12:16 AM
Find
bundy74 Offline

Thought Amnesia was shovelware at first. :-O

Hi, Smile

I would not have looked further into this game if it wasn't for a news article on my ISPs game site about low sale numbers and 0-day piracy and the comments from fellow forum goers who love the game.

Just communicating my experience...

I have been skipping straight through the Amnesia ad at the Steam store for days. The ad shows a typical horror/thriller shovelware/shovelmovie style picture with stylized font. lol ....Great font/design, on one front, I suppose... but how many crap games can have that too these days? Too many products can have an ad like this. How do I know it's different this time for this one?

OK , if I knew it was a brand new first person survival horror full game for $20.00 that was getting strong critical acclaim from many respected review sites ...I'd have checked it out straight away. Smile

You need to brain storm some more on your promotion of this thing. Change the store ads. Do viral marketing, or something(???) . I don't know. Experiment. Just letting you know my first impression wasn't an impression. ...I just didn't know their was an (apparently ) great game hiding somewhere behind "yet another ad". Maybe word of mouth will do you good over the coming months.

...'Bout to download the demo to see if my vaio can run it. Good chance I'll be a buyer if it does. Smile

And payment options... We run an e-commerce site ourselves. Someone here mentioned Credit-Cards and not liking them. We've found this too. Got to give other options. It's worth your time reading up on e-commerce FAQs and tips sections about running successful online stores. Others before you have figured out. May as well ride on their coat tails, eh? Wink
09-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Find
Jinix Offline

Threads: 8

(09-04-2010, 01:05 AM)Thomas Wrote: UPDATES 2010-09-10: All links old, so just having more general info instead

Since we lack much of a PR budget we rely a lot on word of mouth. Sites like digg and reddit are perfect for spreading this.

So if you see a reddit, digg or whatever link on review, blog post, news post, etc, please vote up on it.

If you could take 1 or 2 minutes of your time to register and gives us an up rating we would be very thankful. All votes matter and a rise in say 10 votes can make a HUGE difference! and increase exposure many times!

And while you are at it, tell your friends to vote too! Smile

Thanks in advance!

Aside from those links I visit all your google ads that look interesting. Not just to click and make you a few cents, but to actually visit.
There's all kinds of info there and it often relates to the thread in some way. As an example: I was on the thread that mentions the word 'holocaust' and an ad to go on a Holocaust Tour showed above. I spent about 10 minutes reading all about the tour. How interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if that ad now pops up on this page too.

While reading about models on a thread I saw an ad and went to a site where I downloaded free 3dmax models for my hobby.
So folks don't miss out on some really well targeted ads on each page.

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
09-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Find
Jinix Offline

Threads: 8

(09-15-2010, 10:46 AM)KaOss Wrote: Hi,

I just read the article about funding your games Carolina has linked to.
It has been very informative and as I love the Penumbra Series would like to support you further.
My key problem: I HATE (and refuse) buying downloads. Not just because I want a box; I also do not want to share my bank/credit card details online.
Luckily my girlfriend is an Amazon fan - so she bought Penumbra Overture and BP at Amazon for me ;-).

Regarding the article, I was wondering how financing boxed versions work... Will you get a decent share when I buy a boxed version or has this already been paid when producing / delivering to the vendor? What I mean is, when I buy the Penumbra Collection at Amazon (unfortunately Requiem is not available stand-alone) I would re-buy 2 parts of the series to get Requiem -- but that would be fine for me if I knew that not just the publisher would win......

And a follow-up question: I did not spot any info regarding a publisher for Amnesia in Europe -- any news on that?

Regards
Ozz

Btw: I always use the nick "Ozz" in forums... but the admin here won't let me... no clue why....
Me again...

Searching the net for infos regarding a boxed version of Amnesia I read your newest blog and was very concerned regarding the sales of Amnesia. Even more scary as you even consider doing "a less niche title" next!!
I am wondering whether one of the reasons for sales being below expectations might be people like me waiting for the box? Or were the sales of Penumbra primarily download versions?

Regards
Ozz

It costs a fortune to be able to put out a boxed version. Unless FrictionalGames are willing to make nothing from it or sell it for $60
Imagine the costs of distributing a box of anything all over the world.
Besides boxed games will soon be toast - All software will only have a download version eventually.

The only ones standing in the way are those that make money from producing the packaging, shipping it and retailers who lose the markup.
It's a deadly waste of resources to add all that packaging to the worlds environment problems - not to mention the umpteen gallons of gasoline to deliver it around the world.

Anyone that buys a boxed version nowadays when a download is available is certainly no friend of the planet!!!

Use commonsense; buy online and save the planet from wasters.

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
09-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Find
mikesnype Offline

I'll definitely promote you guys!!!
Anyways, when you guys become famous for your awesome stuff, maybe you can think about bringing this stuff to some consoles... imagine that!!!Smile
09-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

The paying it forward idea is taking off!

Reddit Amnesia Gift Thread

150+ upvotes already Smile

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
09-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Find