Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Bugs And More!
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50
Bugs And More!

So ive started playing the demo and the first thing that really impressed me was the graphics. they look really nice. at first i thought when daniel was talking in the into i thought it was just pictures until i hit forward and i started moving forward which really impressed me. last of all i noticed a bug in the intro. if you press Lean while daniel is waking up ur camera messes up. besides the bugs i loved it the gameplay is amazing although i dislike the speed of opening doors. but otherwise physics interaction feels amazing rotation feels better and well just amazing.

Great Job on the game Frictional I cant Wait for Amnesia

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
09-04-2010, 02:30 AM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21
RE: Bugs And More!

(09-04-2010, 02:30 AM)tonewww Wrote: i dislike the speed of opening doors

This is one of the things that I think is a huge improvement over Penumbra.

[Image: 16455.png]
09-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Find
CoolKakashi Offline

Threads: 11

Feedback/Buglist:

- The second room with stones need a ceiling
- there should be a option to turn on/off highlighted objects(standard off)
- in the floor where you hear first footsteps you can watch under the floor if you crouch the whole floor, because the script push you to the ground and with crouching you get under the floor! Tongue

- It should be a little heavier to open doors! You only have to move the mouse a little and the door is opened! I know it was annoying in Penumbra, because it was very heavy! Wink But i want it only bit heavier.

- The hand should not have this small FPS lags when they appear! :=)
- I noticed some slowdowns if you switch from menu to game or from game to menu!

- I would like to see an option for change the crouching: Hold for crouching and push one time for crouching.

Thats my points and other would like these fixes too! Wink I gathered some ideas and bugs from other. Hope you read this and fix some things before the game is released or after that^^ Thx its an awesome game, cant wait Heart
09-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

(09-04-2010, 09:51 AM)CoolKakashi Wrote: there should be a option to turn on/off highlighted objects(standard off)

Try adding
FlashItems="false"
To the Documents\Amnesia\MainDemo\main_settings.cfg

09-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Find
tonewww Offline

ah yes the crouch glitch happened to me on my first playthrough too

W00t 102th post Tongue

FlashItems="false" doesnt exist in the main_settings.cfg for me

09-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

(09-04-2010, 12:17 PM)tonewww Wrote: W00t 102th post Tongue
102nd*

(09-04-2010, 12:17 PM)tonewww Wrote: FlashItems="false" doesnt exist in the main_settings.cfg for me

Read my post again:
(09-04-2010, 09:54 AM)MulleDK19 Wrote: Try adding

09-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Find
tonewww Offline

i must be blind i just woke up Tongue

09-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Find
mtomato Offline

Threads: 0

Crate eating wall on the right:

spoilered for size
Spoiler below!
[Image: stickywall.jpg]

The first crate was eaten, and he second one just gets stuck when touching the wall.

This is the room before the hatch room.
09-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Find
Spiegelman Offline

Threads: 3

I'm not sure if this is intended because it's kind of subtle (at least until a certain point), but I noticed in the beginning Daniel leans slightly left or right when walking... I have to press Q or E in the opposite direction to correct it and then he'll slowly start leaning to the other side. It's not bad at first, but it makes me a little disoriented after a while seeing the game at what I'd assume to be between a 10 - 20 degree angle. Also, I did not press the lean buttons during the opening "cinematic" or while I was laying on the floor or press crouch.

I've only just started last night and I stopped at the first transition door (Old Archives or something?) so I haven't tested to see if it continues to happen in the next area. I've heard of people having the lean bug if they press Q or E while on the floor in the beginning, but this isn't as bad as what everyone else describes.
09-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

(09-08-2010, 04:25 PM)Spiegelman Wrote: I'm not sure if this is intended because it's kind of subtle (at least until a certain point), but I noticed in the beginning Daniel leans slightly left or right when walking... I have to press Q or E in the opposite direction to correct it and then he'll slowly start leaning to the other side. It's not bad at first, but it makes me a little disoriented after a while seeing the game at what I'd assume to be between a 10 - 20 degree angle. Also, I did not press the lean buttons during the opening "cinematic" or while I was laying on the floor or press crouch.

I've only just started last night and I stopped at the first transition door (Old Archives or something?) so I haven't tested to see if it continues to happen in the next area. I've heard of people having the lean bug if they press Q or E while on the floor in the beginning, but this isn't as bad as what everyone else describes.

Have you turned off image-trailing? 'Cause then you won't notice that you actually lean due to intoxication.

09-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Find