Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thanks for the Linux support
Temar Offline

Threads: 1
Thanks for the Linux support

Just wanted to say thanks for the Linux support. I preordered the game though I will probably never play it. I'm not really into survival horror games. However I want to support companies which release their products for Linux.

So what do I have to do to make my purchase count as a Linux sale in your stats? I really want to encourage you and other companies to continue to release their products for Linux.
09-06-2010, 02:53 AM
Find
NGW Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Thanks for the Linux support

Purchasing the game off of Frictional's site is basically buying a Windows Copy, a Linux/Mac whatever copy, as well as a Steam copy (which likewise functions both for Windows and Mac OS).

That said, I do highly recommend at least trying the game out, you did purchase it after all, and it seems..in a sense a disservice to the hard work the team here did to not at least give it a try.

[Image: ngweyesigcopy.jpg]
09-06-2010, 03:26 AM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

This reminds me of the humble indie bundle - Linux users on average donated more, which was great.

But, at least give the game a try if you get the chance. Soon perhaps we will see steam and source on linux.
09-06-2010, 07:30 AM
Find
takyoji Offline

Threads: 2

I started with the Penumbra Collection about half a year ago and loved it; such as the theme, setting, etc. Completed the whole collection in the span of like 2-3 weeks. Also pre-ordered Amnesia many months ago.

Everything has worked perfectly; the Penumbra series, Amnesia test, Amnesia demo game. As for other games, I've also bought the Humble Indie Bundle as well (even though I already owned Penumbra Overture and World of Goo; gave the extra World of Goo copy to a friend).

And I've also been anticipating the Linux port of Steam/Source, along with common titles of that as well; despite the recent statement of "we're not working on a Linux port at this time" quote.

Lastly, it's a bit annoying when developers look at Linux as not being worth the effort, getting the impression as if open source advocates (or just simply Linux users) would have no interest in buying closed-source games. A game is entertainment; it's not some commercial closed-source application for business-critical use with excessive enterprise-level pricing on it.

Or that some common game developers/publishers don't think it's worth it to port a game to Linux, since it looks like a minority; especially when the Windows version is the only one available and Linux users have to have a Windows installation in order to play it; even though some wouldn't want to have to jump between operating systems. Thus this makes Linux users fall in category of Windows users; thus messing up the statistics and perception.
09-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Find
Temar Offline

Threads: 1

(09-06-2010, 03:26 AM)NGW Wrote: That said, I do highly recommend at least trying the game out, you did purchase it after all, and it seems..in a sense a disservice to the hard work the team here did to not at least give it a try.

Sorry, I didn't express my self clearly - I'm not a native speaker. What I ment was, that I will probably not play the game for long. I will of course give it a try, but I'm not really into this type of games.

I really hope Steam will come to Linux. This way publishers could clearly see how big the installation base is for each plattform. As Valve has annouced three "shocking surprises" within the next year, I hope one of them is the Linux client.
09-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Find