Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Virus alert when installing Penumbra Collection
tsmike Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Virus alert when installing Penumbra Collection

Hello all.

I recently bought the Windows Penumbra Collection from Esellerate and it downloads the file from shelf.frictionalgames (£4, what a steal Cool ).

But when during the installation my anti-virus (Kaspersky IS 2010) pops up a warning that PENUMBRA_1_1_COMPLETE.tmp is infected with worm.P2P.generic and deletes the file which, by extension, breaks the installation. I downloaded the file again but the same thing happens.

It's probably a false-positive and I know disabling my AV would solve it, but I just wanted to check if this happens for anyone else and if this has been confirmed as incorrect.
09-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Find
SHODANFreeman Offline

Threads: 15
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Virus alert when installing Penumbra Collection

AVG Free didn't alert me of anything when I bought and downloaded it, and I haven't had any problems at all since, so I would guess it's a false positive. Smile
09-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Find
Wafthrudnir Offline

Threads: 6
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Virus alert when installing Penumbra Collection

Or your computer is infected by a virus that's manipulating files. Try to reinstall the game or try to install another game/software and see if this happens again.

http://www.virustotal.com <- Upload the file an see what it says. I think it's nothing. Cuz ,why should a virus inject something in a non-executable Huh

"What is Amnesia?"
"This is Amnesia..."
"HOLY SHIT WTF?!!?"
09-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Find