Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difficulty manipulating final door-wheel at end of demo.RESOLVED (kind of)
onewolf Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Difficulty manipulating final door-wheel at end of demo.RESOLVED (kind of)

First of all, I loved Penumbra (except Requiem, what the hell happened with that game?) and I can't wait to play Amnesia on the 8th.

This is a minor complaint, but it is still something that I hope not to encounter frequently in the full game.

When opening the last door in the demo (in the water), the wheel can be difficult to spin properly. It may be a clipping issue caused by placing a crate too close to the valve, but I'm not positive yet. Anyway, I had quite a time getting that door open. I tried spinning the mouse all different directions/circumferences/speeds all to no avail. Sometimes I could get the wheel to spin backwards - I know it can't actually spin that way, but the animation and sound suggested that the game was trying to spin it that way over and over - but I couldn't get it to move clockwise thus opening the door. I remember in Penumbra when you activated a wheel the hand icon would indicated exactly where your hand was in the rotation, and thus made manipulating wheels very easy and intuitive.

This of course isn't a deal-breaker, I'm sure I'll love the game either way. I'm merely pointing it out since I haven't seen anyone else do so thus far.

Thanks for making such incredible games, can't wait for Amnesia!
09-07-2010, 03:45 AM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Difficulty manipulating final door-wheel at end of demo.

Try turning on or off Mouse smoothing, another guy had the same problem and that solved it.
09-07-2010, 04:15 AM
Find
Cyborg34572 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Difficulty manipulating final door-wheel at end of demo.

I had this problem at first too, but my problem was just caused by my low dpi/sensitivity mouse. All i had to do was uppen my mouse dpi and sensitivity to make it more responsive and faster , i got the wheel to turn really fast easily after that( Counter clock wise is the right direction i think). So try and increase your mouse sensitivity and see how that goes. Also yeah like the other guy said, disable mouse smoothing, recommended in ANY game, In hardcore fps games thatl mess up your aim badly.
09-07-2010, 04:23 AM
Find
onewolf Offline

Threads: 2

(09-07-2010, 04:23 AM)Cyborg34572 Wrote: disable mouse smoothing, recommended in ANY game, In hardcore fps games thatl mess up your aim badly.

Heh, turns out that disabled mouse-smoothing is the problem. I agree with you completely, and before touching a game the first thing I do is disable any form of mouse-smoothing. I did so with Amnesia as well, and it turns out that by re-enabling mouse-smoothing the problem was instantly fixed.

Good news that I won't get stuck behind valves, but sadly I'll be forced to live with mouse-smoothing enabled this one time =/
09-07-2010, 05:14 AM
Find