Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Heart Breaking News, Frictional Games almost had to drop Amnesia
PerfectBlue Offline

Threads: 12
Heart Breaking News, Frictional Games almost had to drop Amnesia

http://beefjack.com/news/amnesia-the-dar...st-canned/

This is why its so important to support the developer, buy directly from them, and tell as many as your friends, community forums etc as possible to help ensure the success of the studio.

Reading this story really makes me upset, having to cut salaries in half for such a pool of talent. Moreover, the project overall was almost dropped completely.

So do your part, promote this game if you want Frictional Games to continue releasing fantastic games.
09-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Find
CoolKakashi Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Heart Breaking News, Frictional Games almost had to drop Amnesia

Oo Noes, pls all buy Amnesia 100 times xD We want see more games Sad Why so many people like it more to buy 0815 games like CoD etc but dont watn to support indie devs for incredible work? Sad
09-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Find
Sajber Offline

Threads: 6

(09-07-2010, 04:33 PM)PerfectBlue Wrote: http://beefjack.com/news/amnesia-the-dar...st-canned/

This is why its so important to support the developer, buy directly from them, and tell as many as your friends, community forums etc as possible to help ensure the success of the studio.

Reading this story really makes me upset, having to cut salaries in half for such a pool of talent. Moreover, the project overall was almost dropped completely.

This reminds us that even though digital distribution platforms like steam Direct2Drive, gamersgate, etc. Indie developers still have it though. Indie developers need our (the players) support more than ever, unless we want to be stuck with only "generic fps 2374" and "WoW Clone 9" in the future.

The Unofficial Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Penumbra and Frictional Games IRC Channel.
#amnesiareleaseparty @ irc.gamesurge.net
09-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Find
PerfectBlue Offline

@Sabjer, I agree. The last thing I want to do is play 50 more generic FPS games or CoD clones, which is an overrated series to begin with in my opinion.

Frictional Games is taking big risks, they are innovating a genre, and without a huge PR budget or large publisher to back them they depend on word of mouth almost entirely to get exposure.
09-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Find
LoneWolf Offline

Threads: 43

Damn, i hope they get great sales so that they can make more games like Amnesia. Alot of unique games sales are low, which is sad. Most people either don't hear about them or they feel its too much of a risk.

I think they need to advertise the game more, i hadn't know about it for a long time and now i'm suprised i hadn't. But i will definetaly tell friends to look into buying the game(even though most are wusses).
09-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Find
PerfectBlue Offline

(09-07-2010, 04:43 PM)LoneWolf Wrote: Damn, i hope they get great sales so that they can make more games like Amnesia.

I think they need to advertise the game more, i hadn't know about it for a long time and now i'm suprised i hadn't. But i will definetaly tell friends to look into buying the game(even though most are wusses).

They dont have the budget resources to do so.
09-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Find
Dyni Crippler Offline

Threads: 2

Well, that's pretty normal, considerind it's an indipendent studio.
Hope Steam will raise the sells enough to keep the studio alive. :\
09-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Find
Sajber Offline

Threads: 6

(09-07-2010, 04:43 PM)PerfectBlue Wrote:
(09-07-2010, 04:43 PM)LoneWolf Wrote: Damn, i hope they get great sales so that they can make more games like Amnesia.

They dont have the budget resources to do so.

They have fans, post on twitter, Facebook etc, etc.
http://twitter.com/wolfy_sajber <-- have RT some frictional game stuff
http://twitter.com/frictionalgames <--the source...duh

On another topic:
Im currently writing a book about "Swedish Computer Game History" (hobby project) and I hope to interview Frictional Games for it. It would make me kind of sad if I would have to write "former employees of Frictional Games".. Sad

The Unofficial Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Penumbra and Frictional Games IRC Channel.
#amnesiareleaseparty @ irc.gamesurge.net
09-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Find
Gvaz Offline

Threads: 1

I'm kind of confused why they said that, when they got almost a quarter of a million dollars from that indie "pay what you want" deal that went on :\
09-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Find
PerfectBlue Offline

(09-07-2010, 04:59 PM)Gvaz Wrote: I'm kind of confused why they said that, when they got almost a quarter of a million dollars from that indie "pay what you want" deal that went on :\

http://frictionalgames.blogspot.com/2010...f-000.html
09-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Find