Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help isolating files?
Toggle Offline

Threads: 5
Help isolating files?

What I'm trying to do right now is: isolate custom and AMFP assets into their appropriate folders in the custom story file, so that everything in the level will display properly when it is downloaded.

I am trying to gather the minimum necessary files to make some static objects/entities work, and without having a bunch of extraneous crap.

My problem is: I don't know exactly what some objects pull their textures from. Hence, I don't know exactly what file I need to put in the folder to make it work.

Here is my current frustration -- v
.png   texture.png (Size: 376.29 KB / Downloads: 122)

The texture on the left is from the basegame - (static_objects/castlebase/ceiling/concave_worn)

The texture on the right, in the same location, I'm like 99% sure is from AMFP - (I have a very cluttered copy of the static_objects folder. In which many folders from AMFP were copied over, and some basegame stuff overwritten)

So basically I don't know how or what files I need to isolate and put in my clean static_objects in order to make this texture show up. Does that make sense?

If anyone is familiar with this particular texture, and can help me out, I'd be really really appreciative.
02-08-2016, 09:37 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Help isolating files?

open .dae in notepad++ to see what textures are assigned to the model( the address to the textures that were assigned when the models were exported can be found in here)(note there might be a few extra textures that were added later which do not show up in .dae).

As for the picture im not quite certain if the texture was simply changed in AAMFP, or if you may have forgotten to include normal/specular/bump maps for the texture, which better define the depth and shinyness of the texture.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2016, 10:33 PM by WALP.)
02-08-2016, 10:33 PM
Find
Toggle Offline

(02-08-2016, 10:33 PM)WALP Wrote: open .dae in notepad++ to see what textures are assigned to the model( the address to the textures that were assigned when the models were exported can be found in here)(note there might be a few extra textures that were added later which do not show up in .dae).

As for the picture im not quite certain if the texture was simply changed in AAMFP, or if you may have forgotten to include normal/specular/bump maps for the texture, which better define the depth and shinyness of the texture.

Yes, from what I'm seeing, the texture was changed. I think the problem I'm having might be that the AMFP version and all of its components have the same name as the original Amnesia files. And for that reason I can't get them both to show up, only one, depending on which version of the files I have. How do I fix that?
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2016, 11:57 PM by Toggle.)
02-08-2016, 11:57 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(02-08-2016, 11:57 PM)Toggle Wrote:
(02-08-2016, 10:33 PM)WALP Wrote: open .dae in notepad++ to see what textures are assigned to the model( the address to the textures that were assigned when the models were exported can be found in here)(note there might be a few extra textures that were added later which do not show up in .dae).

Yes, from what I'm seeing, the texture was changed. I think the problem I'm having might be that the AMFP version and all of its components have the same name as the original Amnesia files. And for that reason I can't get them both to show up, only one, depending on which version of the files I have. How do I fix that?

rename the AMFP components seems to be the way to go then, like maybe add a _aamfp after the name or something.

If theres problems with pointing to the right textures you can modify the address in the .dae to get exactly the texture you want, and the process of redoing a .mat file is fairly simple given it becomes necessary.

Oh and remember that Amnesia is pretty good at finding files, so you dont have to write the exact adress of the texture if you are feeling insecure about it, the name alone should be enough for amnesia to find it I believe. It's been a while but in the past I have been able to use textures for my models that were in completely different folders.
02-09-2016, 01:25 AM
Find
Toggle Offline

For the life of me, I just can't get it to do what I want. Fffff, ugh.
02-09-2016, 06:07 AM
Find