Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

So i took a look over at the Steam threads.
FetusZero Offline

Threads: 0
RE: So i took a look over at the Steam threads.

Wouldn't bother me, 90% of the time I don't even notice the achievements pop up, especially on Steam, it helps that they are rather small and do not have any audio. Plus, I still maintain my opinion that if achievements are "game-breaking" for someone, to me it only means that the person is waiting for it to pop up, like paying attention to the achievements more than the game itself.

There's plenty of ways they could implement this anyway, such as having the achievements be unlocked at the complete end of the game rather than while playing it, or have them pop up when returning to the Main menu after a gaming session, etc.

But in the end, whether it has them or not won't change in a single way how I will play the game, especially one such as Amnesia.
09-08-2010, 03:33 AM
Find
-[Badger]- Offline

Threads: 3

Achievements are a poor way to add extra "Re-playability" to other wise subpar games.
I also came to the conclusion recently that they detract from the actual game, as you are always trying to reach them while you miss the actual game.
09-08-2010, 05:15 AM
Find
gruesday Offline

Threads: 0

I like achievements when they're implemented well. I enjoyed the achievements included in Portal because they often offered unique, if odd, challenges. Those in Monkey Island two--while a few were nice--were generally uninteresting. It FG were to include achievements, it might be best to make an option in the menu somewhere.
09-08-2010, 05:21 AM
Website Find