Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Time in which game unlocks
Knobjockey Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Time in which game unlocks

So ehm... Is it just because i bought the game off steam that i have to wait about 5 hours before the game unlocks? that's pretty dissapointing if so. I don't really have time to play the game in the middle of the night, no matter if it's the most immersive time to play it.
09-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

I think there is a technical reason for it, that they can not unlock the game for their own pre-orders without releasing the game to everyone. As they are not having office hours in the middle of the night, they do not want to do this as they can not provide support or solve any issues that might arise.

As we have specific keys for our pre-order that is probably why it works to unlock the game already.
09-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Website Find
Knobjockey Offline

(09-08-2010, 02:06 PM)jens Wrote: I think there is a technical reason for it, that they can not unlock the game for their own pre-orders without releasing the game to everyone. As they are not having office hours in the middle of the night, they do not want to do this as they can not provide support or solve any issues that might arise.

As we have specific keys for our pre-order that is probably why it works to unlock the game already.

Oh alright... Still stinks though, i don't wanna wait yet another day. This game will be the death of me Sad
09-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Find
DerRidda Offline

There is a benefit to it, though. On steam you can still get the pre-order discount which is a great way of convincing people into last minute purchases. Smile
09-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Find
Simplex Offline

Threads: 1

It would be better if you could at least preload Amnesia on steam before it unlocks - since you cannot, there's a chance that when lots of people starts to download at the same time (when the game is finally unlocked), Steam servers will slow to a crawl.

For those who already bought the game on steam and are dissappointed they have to wait - that's the price you paid for bigger discount Wink
09-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Find
DerRidda Offline

I can wait and I will wait even longer since I want to finish Penumbra: Black Plague first and requiem too I guess.
09-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Find