Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frame Rate choppy with high end system
PerfectBlue Offline

Threads: 12
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Frame Rate choppy with high end system

Q9550 @ 3.0
4 gigs ram
GTX 280
Win 7

I have tried disabling multiple features such as SSAO, and switching the quality from high to medium, and even low yet this still persists. I made certain this problem was exclusive to this game by going back and playing Border Lands, Batman Arkham Asylum, Penumbra on high settings with no problems.

If it weren't for the choppiness in the frame rate, id estimate its at 50-60. But as it is, there is a brief pause every second or so that makes Daniels movement jerky. Switching the preset graphic conditions to low removes this problem entirely, I assume its SSAO and smoothing, because those are on for medium and high presets. I am running latest versions of Nvidia drivers.

ALSO, despite having shadows enabled, I do not see any being cast on objects when there is a light source.
[Image: shadows.jpg]

Shouldnt this be able to run the game at medium or high presets?
09-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Frame Rate choppy with high end system

Can you try and check the control panel for the graphics card and see if you are forcing any settings like FSAA, or if you have any sort of optimization/auto settings enabled. Also, if SLI is enabled it can cause problem even if you have only one card and not actually using SLI.

You can also try and disabled Aero for Windows or any other program or process running that could cause a conflict.

Not saying to do this as a permanent solution, but to find a problem and conflict that we can then look into improving the game for.
09-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Website Find
PerfectBlue Offline

I will do this, but before I do are my shadows working correctly? In the screenshot above shadows are enabled, yet I do not see a shadow being cast by any object in that scene, such as the table or chair.

EIDT DISABLING aero FIXED the issue. The game is running on high settings at 60fps no problem. I am also using dual monitors if that helps.
09-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

The shadows are correct, not all type of lights cast shadows.

Thanks for finding and nailing the issue so quickly!
09-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Website Find
PerfectBlue Offline

(09-04-2010, 10:43 PM)jens Wrote: The shadows are correct, not all type of lights cast shadows.

Thanks for finding and nailing the issue so quickly!

Whats the likelihood for this issue to be resolved come release day?
09-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Find
Gvaz Offline

Threads: 1

(09-04-2010, 08:16 PM)PerfectBlue Wrote: I will do this, but before I do are my shadows working correctly? In the screenshot above shadows are enabled, yet I do not see a shadow being cast by any object in that scene, such as the table or chair.

EIDT DISABLING aero FIXED the issue. The game is running on high settings at 60fps no problem. I am also using dual monitors if that helps.

Since you're using dual monitors, and since areo uses the gfx, it sounds like you're overtaxing your graphics card. It has to run two resolutions :o
09-05-2010, 01:08 AM
Find
Bagnol Offline

Threads: 0

Edit: Scratch that.
09-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21

Remove your anti-virus Big Grin